We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Contadora

Chandler, AZ
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Hotel Contadora

I'll be in Panama in less than 3 weeks and we always make a trip to Contadora Island.

For some reason though we are unable to book a room at Hotel Contadora. Why?

I can get a room at the Punta Galeon but I perfer the all-inclusive setting at Hotel Contadora.

Can anyone enlighten me on why I can not get a room?

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Contadora

they are supposedly filming the new survivor and the entire hotel is booked

Washington, D.C.
Level Contributor
65 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Contadora

I recommend the Contadora B&B, but looks like you like the all-inclusive type.

They're always filming some kind of Survivor International or Amazing Race types of shows.

miami
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Contadora

is my first time going to Contadora.. Can you recommend a 5 Star resort?

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Contadora

only one resort on con tadora----the hotel contadora which i go to every year, for 7 years now, and i love the island. the hotel is rated 3-4 stars but major improvements continue to happen.

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Contadora

Peggy - Although not technically on Contadora, look into Hacienda del Mar. It is a great resort located on Isla San Jose which is part of the same Pearl Islands that includes Contadora. This is probably the only "5-star" resort in the area.

http://www.haciendadelmar.net/

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
622 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel Contadora

There are no 5 star resorts in Contadora. The place is worth visiting, though, you can stay in one of the older hotels knowing it's not going to be the Ritz Carlton, or a B&B. I loved Hacienda del Mar, but it's not a 5 star hotel. It's a great place, but the rooms are rustic.

Lincoln, NE
Level Contributor
12 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel Contadora

We loved the B&B Conatdora Island Inn in February 2008, the 2 other major regular hotels seemed to have nice public amenites and beaches, but the rooms need work.

8. Re: Hotel Contadora

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 00:16