We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting a bilingual driver in David

paris
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Getting a bilingual driver in David

We need to organise a taxi/driver who is biligual to pick up from David airport and drive around the boquete area for a few days, starting on Tuesday or Wednesday - can anyone give me any tips as to how to locate a company who offer this service? Its really important that the driver is bilingual to assist with translation along the way... Thanks in advance, given that I need to sort this out by Tuesday or Wednesday evening I really appreciate any help you can give me (I've already tried googling to try to sort this out).

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,971 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting a bilingual driver in David

Contact the people at www.aventurist.com - they speak English and might be able to recommend someone - they operate the shuttle bus service from David to Boquete and probably have someone up in Boquete who can look after you.

Getting someone in David to do that would be more difficult as they would need to drive back and forth each day (at least 45 minutes each way).

Cheers,

Andrew

paris
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting a bilingual driver in David

Thanks very much Andrew - your help is much appreciated! I'll give them a go.

Atlanta Georgia
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting a bilingual driver in David

On our last trip my wife and I used a great driver out of David to transport us from the airport to Boca Chica. The service is provided by Toby and her sister Lola. They are bilingal. Having been born in the States, their english is perfect (unlike my spelling).

The owner is Toby Braxton. She is really a facilitater, and has experience in helping people with many diverse needs. I know she helps people in Boquete and Bocus. If she can not help you the whole time you are in Boquete, I am sure she could assist in finding the appropriate person.

Tony can be reached as follows:

Cell number: 6617-8629 (from USA dial 001-507,then the local number)

E-mail: toby25@hotmail.com

Let me know if you need a recommendation on where to stay in Boquete. I hape you have a great trip.

Best Regards,

Robert H.

paris
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting a bilingual driver in David

Thank you Robert - this is really helpful and I've just dropped Toby an email to see if she can help us.

Emma

panama
Level Contributor
123 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting a bilingual driver in David

Hi:

I'm not sure if the email for Tobita is correct - please try this one - services-toby25@hotmail.com.

or in Boquete try Hans & Terry van der Vooren - They do excellent coffee & hiking tours - 6634-4698 or 507-720-3852 - info@coffeeadventures.net.

I hope that this helps.

Ron

Atlanta Georgia
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting a bilingual driver in David

Bluffbeach is correct, Toby's correct e-mail address is: services-toby25@hotmail.com

I will also second the recommendation of Hans and Terry of Coffee Adventures. They are more tour guides than drivers. We did 3 tours with them (Real estate, Coffee, and Birding). Each tour was well organized, fun and informative. Hans and Terry would also be a great resource to find a local driver.

Sorry for the error.

Robert H.

7. Re: Getting a bilingual driver in David

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2010, 07:18