We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

bus form panama to david

kildare
7 posts
1 review
Save Topic
bus form panama to david

Hi,

Do you need to book a ticket in advance or can you just show up close to the time you want to leave?

1. Re: bus form panama to david

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 April 2011, 19:35
Panama City, Panama
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: bus form panama to david

They often don´t take bookings for the buses to David, but theres so many during the day that it´s unlikely you won´t get one. Turn up maybe an hour before the one you want to get on and if you miss that you´ll be inline for the next.

Penonome, Panama
Level Contributor
13 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: bus form panama to david

As the other reply states, you may show up at the last minute. However, if you are taking the express bus (highly recommended), the seats are reserved. I usually get my ticket the day before to pick the bus and seat I want. There are only 2 express buses per day (each way).

Rochester, New York
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: bus form panama to david

k2rbw,

Are the express buses that leave at midnight and arrive at 6am usually full in the Jan - Feb timeframe?

Penonome, Panama
Level Contributor
13 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: bus form panama to david

I do not know but I have never had a problem getting a seat on it.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
2,011 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: bus form panama to david

Not sure what the other posters are talking about. They

are all express buses going to David, at least the ones that are going to David, and leave every hour or so and they all stop to drop off or pi k people up as needed and stop in Santiago for 20 minutes. Just show up at the station and you will get a bus.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: bus form panama to david

There are express buses from PC to David - they don't stop to pick up others, just shoot right thru.

Then there are regular buses that pick up travelers along the way. Be sure to get the express bus.

Penonome, Panama
Level Contributor
13 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: bus form panama to david

Almost correct. The express bus does make one stop in Santiago for about 30 minutes so that passengers can use the rest room facilities and/or get a bite to eat. The regular bus takes one to one and a half hours longer than the express.

Indianapolis...
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: bus form panama to david

I am planning on taking the bus from Panama City to David. I know there isn't much to see in Santiago (half way point), but there is a great kid-friendly hotel that I think my son would enjoy to break the trip up. Does anyone know about the rules of the bus? Can we "hop off", stay one night in Santiago, and go get on a different bus for the rest of the leg to David the next day? Thanks

Penonome, Panama
Level Contributor
13 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: bus form panama to david

My understanding is that you need to make it two separate trips. The difference in price should not amount to much. Have fun.