We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

David to Almirante Bus

Which David hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chilliwack, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
David to Almirante Bus

My family of three is planning a trip next Christmas and will be travelling from David to Almirante and then 5 days later will be travelling back to David to catch an afternoon flight back to Panama. My questions are:

-Are there numerous buses from David to Almirante?

-Are there regular daily buses from Almirante to David?

-What are the approximate costs?

-Do we book a seat in advance (is this necessary)

-Is there a website anywhere with a bus schedule?

Thanks.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
12,954 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: David to Almirante Bus

http://thebusschedule.com/EN/pa/index.php

Pittsburg, CA
Level Contributor
164 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: David to Almirante Bus

Yes, for the first two questions.

Buses go from early morning to late evening and depart about every 30 minutes.

As far as I remember it costs $8 per person and it is not necessary to buy a ticket in advance. Just get on the bus and they will collect money later.

You need to get on the bus going to Changuinola and get off in Almirante.

I never check schedule since they depart so frequently. If you plan to water taxi to Bocas keep in mind that the last boat departs Almirante at 6pm.

Chilliwack, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: David to Almirante Bus

Great, thanks. One related question, I will be returning a rental car to David airport. How far is airport to bus depot?

Pittsburg, CA
Level Contributor
164 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: David to Almirante Bus

Google maps shows 5.6 km

Boston...
Level Contributor
7 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: David to Almirante Bus

I read about a great b&b on the road from David and Almirante Refugio La Brisa del Diablo. It sounds like you can ask the driver to drop you off at spots like this on the way, and then wait for a bus to return?

Thanks!

Pittsburg, CA
Level Contributor
164 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: David to Almirante Bus

Yes, you can ask the driver to stop and drop you off even if there is no regular stop. Buses are frequent (about every 30 min both directions) so I think it shouldn't be a problem to get on the way back. Sometimes bus might be full. Sunday afternoons/nights are very busy from David to Changuinola. The management of B&B will be probably able to assist.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,859 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: David to Almirante Bus

I have been to that B&B twice and it is amazing. There are only two rooms in the guest house, one is 90 a night and the other is 120. With that you get am incredible gourmet breakfast. This place is one of the best deals in Panama.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
697 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: David to Almirante Bus

You say you are traveling back to David to catch a flight to Panama City....not sure if you are aware that there is a airport in Bocas and there are daily flights from Bocas to Albrook (Panama City ).

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
12,954 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: David to Almirante Bus

That original post is over a year ago - I guess the trip has happened by now.

Sugar Land, Texas
Level Contributor
4 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: David to Almirante Bus

We are flying into Panama City and staying for two days then thinking of taking a train to Colon, spending the night. Then a flight to David from Panama City and a bus to Almirante and a boat/ferry to Bocas Los Torro. Any helpful hints, suggestions??? It's our first time to Panama and after Bocas Del Torro we are heading to Costa Rica.