We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question For Borracho

Lee
Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Question For Borracho

Hi,

You seem to know a lot of answers. I am interested in booking the Royal DEcameron for 10 days and then the Raddison in Panama City for 4 days. I am told that the Raddison would be part of the package and therefore all inclusive for most things. I am just wondering if you know whether or not this includes restaurants/buffets/drinks at the bar etc.

Thank You

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Question For Borracho

Lee,

You guys have some very different offers up north and I'm not sure exactly how your deal may read. This is only a guess but if you're package says all-inclusive at the Raddison it would be room and board only, most-likely at the buffet. I'd be willing to bet my next pay check that alcoholic beverages are not included at the downtown hotel just because of the cost involved. Drinks at the larger hotels (5-star in Panama City) are pretty expensive and I've easily drank the equivalent of a night's stay with very little help from friends. Once you get your booking, send a note to the hotel (attn: guest services) and ask very bluntly what is included.

Hope this helps.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Question For Borracho

It's advertised as "Almost all inclusive". This means the places to eat are much more limited than at the RD, that is some of the 'a la cartes' you have to pay to eat at. But just like the RD, the drinks are limited to housewines and beers.

Lee
Canada
Level Contributor
263 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question For Borracho

Thank you.

You say limited to house wines and beers?! Someone else said liquor is also included....is this not the case?

Also, are blender drinks included?

Have you done the 10 and 4? Would you reccomend it?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
622 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question For Borracho

Actually, what I've heard from people who have done the Rdisson as part of the RD all-inclusive is that it includes meals and drinks, but that some drinks are supposed to be not included, such as high end brands, etc. You have to understand that the Radisson Decapolis is not an all-inclusive hotel, so most of the guests are not there with that plan, and the ones who are will be a minority. The workers may not be familiar with the all-inclusive plan and sometimes may serve more drinks than they're supposed, etc. There's dress codes for most of the restaurants, as this is not a beach resort, so make sure you have pants, not only shorts.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Question For Borracho

The comparative price for a week at the Decapolis is about CAN$300 more. This is supposed to reflect the higher costs of being in Panama City. Actually, you can take any combination that you want. The 4 nights at the Decapolis really works out to be 3 full days, as you cannot count on the time of your transfer. Depends on what you want to see in Panama City I suppose. Many do it this way, so they save the 2 hour each way journey from the RD for the Canal, city, shopping, and Indian tours. I found 14 days at the RD, was a bit too much, and that 10 days was just right. I am a bad judge about the blender drinks etc as I only drink wine with meals. (The Decapolis is not part of the Decameron Resort Company)

6. Re: Question For Borracho

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 September 2009, 04:15
Get answers to your questions about Farallon