We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Resort

Ontario
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which Resort

Hi we are debating on going to the Royal Decameron in Panama or the Royal Decameron in Puerto Vallarta Mexico, has anyone been to these 2 resorts and if you have which one would you recommend?

Thank you

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Resort

Have you ever been to Mexico? It doesn't in the least compare to Panama - off your resort, it will be dirty and probably unsafe i Mexico. I detest Mexico (sorry). If you've been to Mexico & loved it, go for it. If you've never been to either place, Panama for sure. Off your resort it will be safe, and beautiful, clean and the Panamanian people are one of the warmest cultures I have ever experienced in the world.

Ontario
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Resort

Thanks LN

Ontario
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which Resort

Thanks Ln we have been to Puerto Vallarta last year it wasn't bad but not up to our expectations thought we would like to try something different we have never been to Panama so think we will try it

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which Resort

I have never been to Mexico, but relatives have. They told me they never left the resort at all, unless they were in a bus from the resort taking a tour, or going to the airport to come home. In reality, that's what they like. Go somewhere like that and be waited on. I agree with the above. Panama is safe to leave the resort. I did, walked into the little village near by, went shopping on the local buses to Penonome, and went to El Valleby local bus twice as I loved the village so much. The people are warm and friendly, and the men yell out to you a greeting when they ride by on their bicycles. Also, I noted that in the large part the country is clean, but unfortunately not litter free. Much litter is piled up around bus stops and bars in large drums which never seem to get emptied. However, the gardens are neat and people are proud of their property. Restaurants were very clean and free of flies etc.

Ontario
Level Contributor
50 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Which Resort

Thanks Trptld the info really helps

Toronto
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which Resort

Hello. I've visited Puerto Vallarta 3 times in the past seven years. I spent most of the time out of the resort (Holiday Inn and Blue Bay), as there is not much to do there, also the beaches aren't the best. However the night life is pretty good and some restaurants are exceptional, not what you would expect. I did'nt have any problems with the locals (I'm a built guy), however I met some people who often had a bit of a hard time.

I'm going to try Royal Decameron Panama this year with my girlfriend. Hopefully it is as good as I hear, then again it is what I want it to be.

Ontario
Level Contributor
273 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which Resort

Hey

I've been to Puerto Vallarta I found it dirty & unsafe We stayed at Riu Jalisco & no tip No service. I felt very unsafe in Mexico. We look forward to Panama we've heard excellent feedback from the Decameron.

8. Re: Which Resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 September 2009, 22:17
Get answers to your questions about Farallon