We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

November VS December "the weather"...any insite.

Mississauga, ont.
9 posts
Save Topic
November VS December "the weather"...any insite.

Hi, Im really interested in going to panama, specifically to the Royal decameron beach resort.

me and my husband were suppose to go in september but feel it would better fit our schedules to go in the month of November, But Im scared that its going to rain everyday.. has anyone been during november recently??

does anyone suggest I wait and go the first week of december?

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: November VS December "the weather"...any insite.

The weather is basically the same year round at the RD. Daytime highs around 30-32, nightime lows around 25. It is not blistering heat either. There is a cool breeze off the Pacific. It never rains very much there either. Maybe in the rainy season and hour a day, and that can often be during the night. It does tend to be more humid in July than December. December is the start of what are called the 'dry months' which for the Panamanians and the Columbians is the begiining of 'summer'. The closer you are to Christmas the fuller it will be. Already it has been posted on here that people couldn't get accomodation during Christmas. However, I am sure Nolitours has some rooms booked. I think the only difference you will find in booking Nov over Dec is that the prices will be higher and the place more crowded.

Mississauga, ont.
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: November VS December "the weather"...any insite.

thanks for such a quick response..Im looking forward to going and was just curious on what would be better for me and my husband to head over.

thanks again, I appreciate it!

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
140 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: November VS December "the weather"...any insite.

We went to Panama in April 07. April is considered the end of the dry season. The resort is in what is called "the dry arc", the driest part of the country. It was sunny everyday for us. It was funny because past the resort dark clouds could almost always be seen but it never actually rained on the resort. I hear that end of November beginning of December is the start of the dry season so you could probably expect similar weather? I hear when it does rain it is for an hour or so.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: November VS December "the weather"...any insite.

This resort is built on what used to be a US Base during WW2 and was used for R&R and a hospital. The reason this area was picked because it is in as you say "the dry arc".

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
622 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: November VS December "the weather"...any insite.

Growing up in Panama with a weekend house in the area, I'd have to say that weather is NOT the same all year. Yes, this area is less rainy than the area around Panama and Colon, but still it gets considerable rain and cloudiness during the rainy season (April-December). You will have sun anytime of year, but if you want a better chance of sunny weather and lower humidity, go January-March.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
622 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: November VS December "the weather"...any insite.

The area was picked for a military base, not for R&R.

Sosua, Dominican...
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: November VS December "the weather"...any insite.

hey, i've been reading about the dry arc of panama and how it barely rains there but the weather forecasts for Farallon is pure rain. Anybody know what weather im expecting, im going this november 5th to the Royal Decameron. Thanks.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
140 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: November VS December "the weather"...any insite.

Hey Glenn10, you sound just like I did back in April :-) First of all you're lucky you found a weather forecast specifically for Farallon, I could only get a small town close by when I looked in April. It was calling for thunderstorms everyday that we were going to be there, I was devastated (and plain old pissed) BUT we didn't see a stitch of rain. I'm not saying you aren't going to get rain, I'm saying don't hold too much weight to the weather reports, it is a rainforest climate. As I wrote earlier in this forum we always saw dark clouds past the resort, but it never actually rained on the resort while we were there. Sometimes the clouds would cause a haze over the sun, which was welcoming at times, but that was all we experienced. I read on a review of this resort once to keep the small portable umbrellas in your beach bag, we never ended up using them but I still think that is a good idea. I'm not going to tell you not to worry, you still will, but I really don't think you are going to have a problem, I never read a review that said it rained everyday, all day. It's the one thing we can't control so there is no sense in stressing about it now, I guess. Have a great time, we loved the resort and would return in a second.

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: November VS December "the weather"...any insite.

It is the tropics Glenn10, which means very often an afternoon rain. Sometimes for an hour or two or all night. It is the dry arc, but it is not a desert, it is still a tropical country. I hear Atlanta GA is having a drought, might want to check it out.

Your vacation won't be ruined by a little rain - it is warm rain after all, not cold drizzly, sleety rain like where you are from. Have fun !

10. Re: November VS December "the weather"...any insite.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 02:16
Get answers to your questions about Farallon