We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Things to see around Royal Decameron in Panama?

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
422 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
Things to see around Royal Decameron in Panama?

I am going with a large group to RD Panama on Jan 21st, there is a wide variety of age groups going, can anyone tell me if there is places to visit locally, shopping, villages, etc near the resort or is everything quite a distance, bus or taxi....any info about the area would be appreciated, or tips about the hotel?

thanks....

Las Margaritas/El...
Level Contributor
789 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Things to see around Royal Decameron in Panama?

Hi!

There isn't a panamanian dollar - just U.S. Dollar. The have coins that are panamanian and are called "balboa" and they are in the 1, 5 10, 25, and 50 cents. They are the same size as the U.S. and actually minted in the U.S.

Bring smaller bills - it tends to be a federal case trying to cash anything larger then a $20 bill.

Mary

Las Margaritas/El...
Level Contributor
789 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Things to see around Royal Decameron in Panama?

Hi!

There isn't a panamanian dollar - just U.S. Dollar. The have coins that are panamanian and are called "balboa" and they are in the 1, 5 10, 25, and 50 cents. They are the same size as the U.S. and actually minted in the U.S.

Bring smaller bills - it tends to be a federal case trying to cash anything larger then a $20 bill.

Mary

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Things to see around Royal Decameron in Panama?

Seka, Yikes!!! There is NO Panamanian dollar, the currency in Panama is U.S. Dollars.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
173 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Things to see around Royal Decameron in Panama?

Panama's currency is the US Dollar. There is no need to money exchange etc. Do not bring large bills (100's -50's) brake'em in to 20's and below. Many establisments don't take large dollar bills. Enjoy the small town and villages around the central provinces in the Rep of Panama where the aunthentic traditions are kept.

Tip: Feb, 1st is the first day of the wildest, most glamorous event of the year in the Azuero area (Chitre and Las Tablas from Feb.1st - Feb. 5th) somenthing not to be missed. Get ready to party if you go. Friday Feb 1st, is the Carnival opening night in Chitre, is a big open street festival that starts at midnight!

Enjoy it.

Pickering, Canada
Level Contributor
422 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Things to see around Royal Decameron in Panama?

Panama does have its own currency called the "centavos", I just wanted to know if you use it as a tourist or is US money fine....small bills, I understand...I will pass on the info to the group

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
173 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Things to see around Royal Decameron in Panama?

You are absolutely correct! Panama mints coin denominations of .01,.05,.10,.25,.50 cents. These coins carry the exact face value as their US counterparts.

link for Las Tablas carnival:

http://hoyconelpueblo.com/

17. Re: Things to see around Royal Decameron in Panama?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 September 2009, 10:22
Get answers to your questions about Farallon