We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

do they have vendors at hotel or on beach

Saint Thomas, Canada
Level Contributor
262 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
do they have vendors at hotel or on beach

Hi I'm going to Playa Blanca Feb 11 to Feb 25th. Was wondering if anyone knew if they have vendors that sell things on beach or do they come to the hotel sometimes at night?

Thanks again,

Tina

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: do they have vendors at hotel or on beach

There are some vendors on the beach west of the resorts. Mostly beach towels etc. At the RD, there are two nights of vendors. Not sure about the PB. However, my advice would be to buy crafts at one of two places. If you do the El Valle trip there are some really good craft markets there. If you do either of the Canal Trips, you are taken to a crafters market at the site of the old city. This has to be the best one I saw in all of my trips as the crafts people are there working. I am never sure if the crafts that are being displayed on the resorts are the work of the pople behind the table or not. Hard to find out, because no matter what you ask, they smile and say 'yes' and tell you the price.

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: do they have vendors at hotel or on beach

panama is nothing like dominican or mexico, where you are plagued with vendors on the beach. in fact i have never seen any. of course, i go to the pearl islands. RD is much too big, noisy, crowded and overall obnoxious!!!! this is probably due to the "cattle car express" arriving from canada every monday!!!!

Lindsay, Ont
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: do they have vendors at hotel or on beach

Hey Tina, I too am going to Panama (Farallon) in March my cattle car as it was so eloquently put will be arriving on the 10th, for a shin dig , not a shot gun weddin but it'll have ta do.Being the GOOD OLE CANADIANS THAT WE ARE we would probably welcome and enjoy the talents of the vendors. I hope you have a terrific vacation .

Kitchener
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: do they have vendors at hotel or on beach

Hi Tina - sorry, I have no clue about the vendors at Playa Blanca - kinda wondering that myself too - but I couldn't let "billinbuffalo's" smart a@s comment about us Canadians go by either without making a comment. All I can say is what a fricken jerk this person is!!!!!!!!!

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: do they have vendors at hotel or on beach

my remark was not anything against canadians!!! it was directed at the airlines and the resort for packing way too many people into places that become an unpleasant experience for everyone!!!!! the other people that i travel with are all from canada and they too are leaving from the u.s. this year, finding it cheaper and far more pleasant than the charter flights. there are jerks of every nationality---glad you signed up!!!!

Mount Pleasant...
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: do they have vendors at hotel or on beach

I have to echo Bill on this even though he plugs Contadora to the point that if everyone took his advice, his secret locale too would be packed to "cattle car" proportions. I think you mistook his comments for negative when he merely implied that the Northern Travel companies have found a gem of a location to the point that the Royal Decameron has become so crowded and impersonal that it doesn't even feel like a vacation anymore.

We all have our own opinions as to what country stereotypically offers obnoxious tourists and I certainly won't air them here. I've always loved Panama for reasons that are exhibited at the RD - Panamanians are incredible people and need to really be experienced at more intimate type locales than the massiveness and fleecing of Canada RD has become.

7. Re: do they have vendors at hotel or on beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2009, 19:16
Get answers to your questions about Farallon