We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Internet access in or near RD???

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Internet access in or near RD???

Well I'm taking an online class and my final lands on a date where I'll be in Royal Decameron. I'm wondering how the internet access is at this resort or if there is internet access close to there, thanks for any info.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Internet access in or near RD???

There is internet access in the lobbies. You buy a $10 card that lasts an hour. However, I am sure you will be very unpopular sitting for a long time at one of the few terminals there. There is always a long line up to use them. There was an internet cafe in the village of Farallon. They may have installed wireless at the RD by now, but I am not sure. I might explain my situation to the manager at the RD and ask his help. He may have a solution. However, many of the waiters are young guys who have cell phones and internet access in their homes. Perhaps they can help you if you need a long period of time at the terminals. Ask for Johnny Delgado in the Pacifico Buffet Restaurant. I know he has access in his house in Penonome.

Mentioned in this post
Farallon
Farallon
Rio Hato, Panama
Las Margaritas/El...
Level Contributor
789 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Internet access in or near RD???

Hi!

You do NOT want to use the internet at the RD because they are very very slow. There is an internet cafe just down the street from the RD that is high speed. There is also one in Rio Hato which is about a 5 minute taxi ride.

You can also check out at Woody's Beach Paradise which is the Canadian bar just down the beach from the RD. They will be putting an internet cafe in there shortly. If they haven't done it by the time you get down to PANAMA, ask the owner Monique about using her high speed internet at the bar-tell her Mary sent you down to use the internet.

Mary

whypanama

Mentioned in this post
Rio Hato
Rio Hato
Cocle Province, Panama
Panama
Panama
Central America
3. Re: Internet access in or near RD???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 15:17
Get answers to your questions about Farallon
Recent Conversations