We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

water

Toronto
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Topic
water

Hi

Is the water at RD safe to drink? I read that you are provided with water while you are staying there. Can someone please confirm? Also is bottled water sold on the resort?

THX!

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: water

I brushed my teeth with it and showered in it. That was all. The bottled water is free. You don't pay for it. Ask for it at the bars or the restaurants when you want a drink, or carry the 1.5L bottle you get everyday in your room..or two if you ask the maid. Also, on any excursions out of the RD, they carry coolers of water, beer and pop on board for free drinks as well.

Toronto
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: water

Are ice cubes okay ? What about the slushy types of drinks???

thx

Tempe, Arizona
Level Contributor
234 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: water

the entire water system and purification in panama was installed by the americans during their stay. i have no fear of the water in whatever form or shape, or even drinking it right from the tap. i have never had a problem. this is the only country where i would feel this safe.

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,908 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: water

I feel like a dealer feeding an addict crack by jouning in on the these questions but what the heck:

As Billinbuffalo states the water is safe to drink pretty much throughout the country. There are no worries whereever the RD excursions take you, they pretty much are all to the routine tourist destinations.

However you need to take LN's advice and post your question first in search box on the first page of the Panama Forum. This question has been answered numerous times before.

The biggest advice I would give anyone traveling to RD is to get out and see the country yourself a little. What makes Panama great are the Panamainians.

If you only interaction with them is at the resort or on one of their excursions you don't get the feel for the country. If your itinerary permits spend a night in PC and enjoy the city or if your not a city person spend a night up in El Valle.

Unfortunately I think a lot of Canadians take the package tour through RD and never have a chance to experience the country. Try to get away from the resort as much as you can. If you want to hang out at the beach for a week head here to Florida we could use your money.

Mentioned in this post
Panama
Panama
Central America
Florida
Florida
United States
Toronto
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: water

lol thanks guys- I think I will lay off for now.

I just started using this site and thanks to everyone's advice I have been able to read some of the past posts.

However that kind of defeats anyone posting anything as everything has already been posted :-)

I dont want to start an online debate on this just saying :-)

Again I can't thank you all enough for your insite-

You are all really smart about this all inclusive thing.

I have travelled around Europe, North America, South America and to the Middle EAST. This will be my first all inclusive trip...hence my millions of Qs

I do appreciate it

Peace-

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Level Contributor
79 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: water

**insight

LN
Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
5,784 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: water

neebom, don't worry about posting. If you don't find what you want in the archives; or perhaps it is outdated info, please POST!!! That is what this forum is all about, helping others. Those that don't like your questions will eventually just stop answering yours, I am sure.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
226 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: water

Well said LN.....

9. Re: water

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 17:20
Get answers to your questions about Farallon
Recent Conversations