We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Exactly where is Royal Decameron

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Topic
Exactly where is Royal Decameron

Can anyone tll me exactly where RD is, so I can find it's location on a map. Is it in Santa Clara or maybe Rio Hato, or is it somewhere in between. Anyone got driving directions for it?

Toronto
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Exactly where is Royal Decameron

Royal Decameron is located in Farallon. It is like almost 2 hours away from the airport. Nice straight drive. I cannot tell you the name of the highway but so many locals know where Royal Decameron is, you'll have no problems finding it. It is near Peneome, and that almost 145kms from Panama City.....Enjoy your trip!

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
623 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Exactly where is Royal Decameron

Just after Santa Clara you'll pass through the old Rio Hato landing strip, take a left as soon as you pass it (there's a sign). If you are in Rio Hato, you missed it.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Exactly where is Royal Decameron

Thanks tupapi. If you have the time, could I ask a bit more information. Is this road you mention, a 'private road' just into the resort, or is it the road to Farallon? If its just a private road, then can I assume that the road to Farallon would be the next road, with Playa Farallon at the end of it?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
623 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Exactly where is Royal Decameron

It's not a private road. If I remember well it's the same road to farallon, so you'll see the ruins of the old Rio Hato barracs and military school on your right as you drive.

F
Burlington
Level Contributor
244 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Exactly where is Royal Decameron

Trptld,

I was there a couple of years ago and as I recall there is a rental place at the RD a where you could rent a motorbike. I suggest you rent one when you get there and do a little exploring and you will probably answer all your questions yourself. This area is not densely populated so it would be very difficult to get lost. Fred

London, On
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Exactly where is Royal Decameron

If you need some more info than the good folks here have given you, then e-mail me at jhouse@london.ca and I will try to help. I live in the same city as you and we can talk. I have maps and satellite images.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Exactly where is Royal Decameron

After examining the satellite picture, reading my Lonely Planet Guide and receiving an e-mail I can answer my own question. About 1 km west of Santa Clara and 1 km east of Rio Hato, one crosses the abandoned runway for the PDF. Immediately past it, there is a crossroads. Turn left towards the Pacific and the road run parallel to the runway and barracks. A short distance down the road curves westward and the south again, coming into the RD by the Rental Car Park and Lobby 1. The road then runs southwest, past the RD and on to Farallon. About 3km from the start of the road, on the right hand side, is Noriega's two story vacation home, now abandoned and pocked from top to bottom with bullet holes.

8. Re: Exactly where is Royal Decameron

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 August 2009, 12:20
Get answers to your questions about Farallon
Recent Conversations