We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which hotel do you recommend?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
332 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Which hotel do you recommend?

What hotel do you recommend for 2 nights for 2 adults and 2 kids (13 &17)? What was the cost for the two nights? Do they have a website? What kind of stuff did you do? Is food and tours included in the price?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
332 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Which hotel do you recommend?

I forgot to mention that it is in San Blas?

Panama City, Panama
Destination Expert
for Panama
Level Contributor
1,959 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which hotel do you recommend?

The nicest place, in my opinion, is a small lodge with only 3 rooms called Dad Ibe. They include snorkeling trips, visits to nearby villages etc. www.dadibelodge.com.

The other two popular spots are Dolphin Lodge and Sapibenega.

All the lodges include meals and the tours, plus transfers from and to the nearest airport. Price ranges are similar at plus/minus $120 per person per day.

Cheers,

Andrew

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
332 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Which hotel do you recommend?

Thanks for the recommendation. I looked at all 3 places on Tripadvisor and there all have some bad reviews and some good reviews. I am not sure if the bad ones was because they expected first class lodging. I am more interested in the tours and being on a beautiful private island. It costs alot for two nights for 4 of us so I just want to make sure that it is worth the money to go there. I don't want to get ripped off. Has anyone done this and did you enjoy it?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Level Contributor
622 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which hotel do you recommend?

Consider also Coral lodge, technically not in San Blas, right outside of it, but has all modern amenities (unlike the ones in San Blas) and is close enough that you can still visit San Blas by boat.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
332 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Which hotel do you recommend?

Would going to San blas to see the Kuna indians be similar if we did the Embera Indian village tour?

Panama
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which hotel do you recommend?

they are two totally different indigenous groups, different language, culture and environment

7. Re: Which hotel do you recommend?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 07:18