We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Go with Frederika! Panama <=> Colombia

Leon, Nicaragua
1 post
Save Topic
Go with Frederika! Panama <=> Colombia

I just got back from a 5 day trip through the San Blas Islands from Panama to Colombia on the Frederika with Israel (and Orinson). It was a great experience! I highly recommend this sailboat. It's a smaller boat, with room for 6 passengers, which means you become a very close knit group, and it's not one of these 20 person party boats (might be what some people are looking for... not for me!). The food was excellent. We had fresh lobster one night - delicious. Israel is great as a captain - very conscientious, hilarious and has 6 years of experience doing the trip. Highly recommended!

http://sailingfrederika.com/

Tournai, Belgium
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Go with Frederika! Panama <=> Colombia

I completely agree with Kahaskins1! I did a 5-day sailboattrip on the Frederica going from Colombia to Panama in September, and I really enjoyed myself. Israel and Orinson form a perfect crew, caring for safety. The food is great with lots of fresh seafood! There is snorkel gear on board to discover the underwaterworld of the San Blas Ilslands, which are paradise on earth. And there is enough space on the Frederica to relax, read a book and enjoy the views & sunset. A once in a lifetime experience!

Atlanta, Georgia...
Destination Expert
for Colon, Isla Grande, Portobelo
Level Contributor
4,549 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Go with Frederika! Panama <=> Colombia

I am highly suspicious of one-time posters, coincidentally one after the other,who have glowing comments about a commercial enterprise no one has ever mentioned on the forum before. If it sounds too good to be true .... you figure the rest. Panama is awash in scams.

CDY
Medellin, Colombia
Destination Expert
for Panama City
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Go with Frederika! Panama <=> Colombia

I agree, there seems to be an issue with reviews on these sailing charter boats, glowing reviews from first time posters, a bit fishy.

Edited: 09 November 2013, 12:37
4. Re: Go with Frederika! Panama <=> Colombia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 November 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about San Blas Islands