We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there bus from Cusco to Puerto Maldonado?

montana
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Is there bus from Cusco to Puerto Maldonado?

I am going from Cusco to Puerto Maldonado Peru, Sept. 3rd, and am having difficulty finding a bus line. Any ideas? Do I have to reserve ahead? Plane too expensive right now..Thank you for any input!

Mariposario Tambopata
Gardens, Nature & Wildlife Areas
Puente Billinghurst
Bridges, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Cusco, Peru
Level Contributor
326 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there bus from Cusco to Puerto Maldonado?

There are many bus companies, the road is good now and you usually get to Puerto Maldonado in 10-12 hours, you can easily book your tickets even the day before as these companies have always available seats. The best companuy with best buses riding this way, in my opinion is Machu Picchu Company. Bus tickets cost around US15.00 one way ticket.

montana
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there bus from Cusco to Puerto Maldonado?

Thank you! Very helpful! This seems to be a question/answer that needed to be updated from the old posts written when the road was bad, so thank you. Also found out, if anyone needs to know, you can purchase the tickets at the Terminal Terrestre Cusco. Thanks again,..onward!! MM

3. Re: Is there bus from Cusco to Puerto Maldonado?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2011, 08:16
Get answers to your questions about Puerto Maldonado