We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Permethrin spray for Canadians

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Topic
Permethrin spray for Canadians

FWIW I bought 0.25% Permethrin spray from Canadian tire in the form of Wilson Pest Control Spray. No one in Canada has gone through the approval process of getting Permethrin approved as a repellant - only as a pesticide but I thought I'd experiment.

I soaked a few shirts in it and once dry, they had no smell to them whatsoever.

Will be using them in Amazon!

Houston
Level Contributor
785 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Permethrin spray for Canadians

Permethrin is a neurotoxin that some experts recommend not using more than 3 times in a lifetime. You are using cannons when pistols would work just as well. There are some critters that this is one of the very few options to destroy. Save using it for those (scabies, for example).

Frisco, Colorado
Destination Expert
for Frisco
Level Contributor
5,798 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Permethrin spray for Canadians

When you are sweating, the largest organ your body has the epidermis, will be soaking that toxin in from your shirt. FYI cat nip oil has been proven to be 10 times more effective than deet; it comes in spray form. Lemongrass is another great one to use.

3. Re: Permethrin spray for Canadians

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 March 2015, 05:17