We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puno to Ica and the Coast

Denver, Colorado
Level Contributor
12 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Puno to Ica and the Coast

I am trying to plan our trip and am looking into going from Puno to Ica, but I cannot find information on if there is a direct route via bus. Is there a bus that goes between these two cities? Or do you have to go through Arequipa and then switch.

We would leave Puno on February 28 and have to be back on the night of March 1 in order to make our flight home on the 2nd. Is there enough time to do this?

Pensacola, Florida
Level Contributor
12,945 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puno to Ica and the Coast

…worldnomads.com/destination/…23.aspx

You do the Gringo Trail via Arequipa Nasca Ica then to Lima

More time would be good but you can do it in the time you have

www.cruzdelsur.com.pe VIP seats best bus and seats

Chiclayo, Peru
Level Contributor
805 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Puno to Ica and the Coast

Any bus from Puno to Lima will go through Ica, so it's easy to get direct tickets. I assume you mean you have to be back in Lima on the 1st? Puno to Ica will be about 16 hours, and Ica to Lima is six hours, so you could spend the morning in Ica. A better bet might be continuing to Pisco and taking a tour of the Ballestas Islands, if you can get a bus that will get you there in time for the tours.

Edited: 11 February 2010, 21:31
Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,885 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puno to Ica and the Coast

You could also fly www.lan.com from Juliaca to Lima and then bus down to Paracas and Ica for a day or so.

4. Re: Puno to Ica and the Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2010, 07:15