We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puno to La Paz via Tiwanaku

Which Puno hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
355 posts
165 reviews
Save Topic
Puno to La Paz via Tiwanaku

Hello all,

we are a group of 6 people who will be traveling from puno to la paz also we would like to stop over at tiwanaku within a day or two

any suggestions? i am thinking if it is possible to arrange a private tour in this case

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puno to La Paz via Tiwanaku

I would go via Copacabana and save Tiwanaku for a day trip as its fairly close to La Paz (1.5 hours) and there are daily buses and tours. All Ways Travel www.titicacaperu.com can put together a package that includes bus travel from Puno to Copacabana, overnight stay in Copacabana, tour of Islas Del Sol, and bus travel from Copacabana to La Paz. When my wife and I were planning our trip back in 2010 they quoted us $70.

Mi Wuk Village...
Level Contributor
1,600 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Puno to La Paz via Tiwanaku

Tiwanaku isn't on the way to La Paz so you can't hop off the bus and hop back on the next one. Better to get to La Paz and organize from there. Does it have to be a private tour? There are scads of tours going daily. Easy to join one and economical.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
3,883 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puno to La Paz via Tiwanaku

"Tiwanaku isn't on the way to La Paz..."

Is there no bus to La Paz passing through Deseguadero anymore?

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
355 posts
165 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puno to La Paz via Tiwanaku

thanks guys for your tips.

it is not necessary a private tour just that i wondered if that was achievable by arranging sometime private.

1.5 hours isn't too bad and yes we could go from La Paz in this case

5. Re: Puno to La Paz via Tiwanaku

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2014, 07:18