We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baguio Teachers Camp Details

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
263 reviews
Save Topic
Baguio Teachers Camp Details

Many people have asked for the contact details and reservation procedure for Baguio Teachers camp. I spoke last week to Ms Bautista who is in charge of this at Teachers camp and am posting their details here -

1) To reserve, either call (Landline) 074 - 442 - 3517 or (Cell - Ms. Mercy S Bautista) 0920 902 6874

2) They have both - Dormitories (200 pesos per head) and cottages (1600 pesos onwards for 2 bedroom cottage - upto 3200 pesos for a 5 bedroom cottage)

3) As is apparent by the costs, the rooms are big (it was, after all, made for teachers, much before the tourist boom), but facilities are sparse. While they all have basic necessities like lights and fans, the paint may be peeling, and beds may not necessarily be in immaculate condition. They have kitchens. There are no restaurants within Teachers camp - you must travel out for everything - from breakfast / tea / coffee to lunch and dinner. There are a few small sari-sari type shops near the dormitories, which sometimes offer Filipino lunch.

4) Their location is probably the best in Baguio - beats even Camp John Hay! Even if you don't plan to stay here, I definitely recommend a visit to Teachers camp - just for a walk - to all visitors to Baguio

98 replies to this topic
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,277 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baguio Teachers Camp Details

Your a hero YLOO for doing this! I already included this in the Top Questions ----------->

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,293 posts
1,907 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baguio Teachers Camp Details

You beat me to it Keg. I was just going to add it to FAQs and too my surprise it was already there.

We will still get these same questions though....as we have for years now!

Tommo

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baguio Teachers Camp Details

I can almost guarantee that despite all these effort, some people will still ask about Teachers Camp!

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,277 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baguio Teachers Camp Details

@ Tommo: Upon reading this post I can't wait another second to post this on the Top Questions, lol!

@ MH: I am certain as the sun will rise in the east tomorrow that people will still ask us about the rates of Teacher's Camp.

fairfield...
Level Contributor
893 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Baguio Teachers Camp Details

....ask ko lang po, where is teecheers camp? Hehehe!

Papalo

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Baguio Teachers Camp Details

Thanks a lot, everyone, for your sweet comments

:)

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,084 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Baguio Teachers Camp Details

I tried to get TA to list Teachers camp in their hotel listing last week. Unfortunately I got this "Dear John" e-mail from them........

"....Hello,

Thank you for your interest in listing a business on TripAdvisor. Unfortunately, this business does not meet our submission guidelines. You can review our listings guidelines here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/GetListedNew

You're welcome to discuss your experience with this property in our TripAdvisor Forums (http://www.tripadvisor.com/ForumHome). Forums are discussion boards in which members can ask and answer travel-related questions and share opinions with fellow members....."

hu hu hu hu .....

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
18,277 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Baguio Teachers Camp Details

I don't know what criteria Teacher's Camp doesn't have as it is a government-owned lodging establishment that is open to anyone who are willing to pay their fees. I think it is not the only one of its kind in the world.

Garland, Texas
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Baguio Teachers Camp Details

Where can I find pictures of the accommodations: dormitories and cottages?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,293 posts
1,907 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Baguio Teachers Camp Details

Try Google Images!

Reply to: Baguio Teachers Camp Details
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Baguio