We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lexber Vacation Homes - NEVER AGAIN!!!

Manila
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lexber Vacation Homes - NEVER AGAIN!!!

About a year ago, I bought a 1-year membership at Lexber Vacation Homes in Baguio City, Philppines (I was sort of arm-twisted to buy it but i thought what the heck...I was going to use it anyways). It included a 3D/2N stay in a studio unit. Before we confirmed our booking 2 weeks ago, I repeatedly asked how NEAR

the hotel/resort was to Baguio City (because apparently it was not within the city). They gave a standard reply of 10-15minutes. They never actually answered the question in terms of distance.

When we got to Baguio, we found out that it was actually 15-20 minutes away and in terms of distance it was VERY FAR. Very impractical if you have lots of errands or trips to take into Baguio city itself. The money we saved from the SLIGHTLY lower prices they offered was useless compared to the money we paid for

gasoline from the hotel to the city (and vice versa) And public transport was equally difficult -- the public buses from Manila passed by Naguilian Road once every hour. So we had to plan all our trips to the city so that we could maximize the use of the car + save on gas. The resort was far down Naguilian Rd so much that the air is not even cool & crisp anymore (compared to Baguio City)

Aside from the distance and the difficult commute going to the city, there were COCKROACHES in the units + they lacked staff (the receptionist is also the inventory manager & waitress). Our neighbors in the other units were also very ROWDY & NOISY (just shows what kind of crowd this resort attracts) ...Because of

all the inconveniences, we decided NOT to finish our 3D/2N + extra night in Lexber. The receptionist said that we could refund the payment for the extra night AT LEAST. I repeatedly asked her about this and she gave me an affirmative answer saying that the Manila office will be the one to handle that and it IS possible. I even had her sign her name saying that we did not avail of the extra night.

When we got back to Manila, they refused to refund our payment for the extra night (despite our numerous complaints which we believe were valid reasons) -- they said this was against their policies. I cited that they also lacked communication w/ their Baguio office since apparently their staff do not know about their policies. Why then did the receptionist guarantee that we COULD refund our money!?! Until now we do not have any response about our

request/complaints.

If you value convenience, excellent service and HONESTY -- then DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT staying at Lexber Vacation Homes. They do not know what these are about.

In all fairness their units are fairly new, with good water supply and so-so in terms of design. But in the neighborhood, you will see abandoned construction of other units... the resort is not even finished yet and it looks like there are no plans of finishing them at all. (I think I know why... they do not have happy customers.)

Philippines
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Lexber Vacation Homes - NEVER AGAIN!!!

Yup, I heard Lexber is not really in Baguio anymore but farther down where it's no longer cold and no pine trees. What a great marketing lie.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
51 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lexber Vacation Homes - NEVER AGAIN!!!

Lexber's ads are actually MISLEADING!! They advertise their units are in Baguio City when actually they're not. Their units are way down in Naguillian, nearer Burgos, La Union.

Manila
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lexber Vacation Homes - NEVER AGAIN!!!

Everything about LEXBER is misleading... we wasted hard earned money on that one! :( Just a friendly tip to those who may encounter LEXBER salespeople... be cautious or better yet, just walk away.

Philippines
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lexber Vacation Homes - NEVER AGAIN!!!

We've been there several times..yes it's along Naguilian Rd but just few minutes away from the midst of the city. We've actually enjoyed our stay there. I think you should try it right now to compare it's difference from last year!

fairfield...
Level Contributor
893 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Lexber Vacation Homes - NEVER AGAIN!!!

Equipoise

I definitely agree with you. All the negatives you mentioned are true. I grew up in Baguio. I moved here to the States when I was young. I went to Baguio in April, 2006 and again in November, 2006 to preview some investment properties. Lexer Homes is one to avoid.

To returning Kababayans/Balikbayans, if you are thinking of investing or moving to Baguio, please have second thoughts before plunking your hard- earned money on this one.

Papalo

muntinlupa
Level Contributor
71 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Lexber Vacation Homes - NEVER AGAIN!!!

We stumbled into this Lexber Homes while looking for the other Lexber Homes which was about 3 km further. According to my calculations it's about 12 km away from Baguio city hall towards Naguillan.

manila
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Lexber Vacation Homes - NEVER AGAIN!!!

I am also a member of Lexber Club, but it's not only for 1year. amazingly i got their 50 years membership...i got it because they have a tie up with some sort of an international affiliation with other resort all over the world. Me and my husband are so excited that the day will finally come for us to be able to use it. But all our expectations was erased when we got our VISA Application DENIED! And immediately thought of selling our membership with LEXBER bec in reality we'll be stuck in their resort for a long time, and we don't have plans to go to baguio every year and we have our own inherited house in quezon hill.. Until i called them to booked me and my family in their resort in Naguillan Rd. immediately i thought that it's going to be far from the city. Just for the sake of using it, bec it might get expired, we push through..( thinking that if it's going to be really far from the city we could always settle at quezon hill...) I went to get my confirmation from their office and ask for a map.. I saw that it's really a bit far... but the point is they never lied about the distance. They even convince me to bring along a car bec it's going to be hard for us to go out of the resort going to the city.. They even showed me the actual picture of the accommodation there just for me to have an idea what will i and my family will expect when we arrive there. It's not really to fancy and not really extravaggant but at the back of my mind it'll be one heck of an experience again, I really didn't expect anything. Until the day we went up to baguio, i mean went to metro baguio... bec it's true that it's not located in the city proper. It took us 12minutes drive from the city. We took kenon road still. Once we enter the gate of the subdivision and saw a lot of construction around... i thought again it's not going to be very nice to stay hotel is what we bought for almost PHP 200,000. Finally, we reached the hotel and unload our stuff from the car. Surprisingly, there are 2 or 3 people who assisted us and ushered us to the reception area, whoa! that was very accommodating i thought with all the negative impression in my though before arriving there. After we checked in, same people assist us in our assigned villa, that's what they call it. When we entered the villa we were impressed about the furnitures and facilities inside, nothing fancy again but it's well mentained. and tidy. spiral staircase going up to our attic bedroom is nicely made. it's true that the resort has some insects but it's not CACKROACHES. since, it's a mountain resort it is prone with flying insects. it's disturbing but it really goes with the ambience ( maybe i appreciated it because i once stayed in baguio during my highschool days)

in connection with the letter above, i understand where you're coming from (sender) thank you for your warning and for your comments also. But since i am a member of the LEXBER CLUB and whatever negative comments the resort recieve it will always reflect to US MEMBERS, so i really have to address this...

To all families who wants to visit baguio, still include LEXBER in your list of choices and lets otherwise give them a chance to serve you. by that you can post your own comment by experience.

houston
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: Lexber Vacation Homes - NEVER AGAIN!!!

Lexber Vacation Homes is filled with lot scenic views and a great peaceful get away. For those people who always complain about thier convinience what is the word RESEARCH mean to you. I guess before you go to places, you need to know all the specifics like maps, distance and transportation etc..

All resorts, hotels and vacation spots have thier advantages and disadvantages so i think its but COMMON SENSE for you to know the basics and not to regret yourself soon after you'll feel the inconvinience. Punch line is INFORMATION;

I stayed in Lexber Vacation Homes many times and i found it to be a perfect place to get away from busy streets, traffic annoying crowd and pollution. Thier Staff are so friendly and thats the thing i wont forget. It's but normal for a starting resort to have construction sites, road blocks and noise comming form cement mixers and trucks hauling rocks, earth etc.. but what the heck! its for the improvement and beautification of the resort. Soon everything will be at place and everyone will enjoy.

The problem on some people is they criticise and complain too much without looking the other side of the coin. If you have problems ask in a professional manner, sight your reasons polietly and gather you facts. I know this points because it happened to me that i was not able to use my extra day from my 3 days 2 nights package, they were willing to sort things out and i found it very very pleasant and CONVINIENT.

Staying there is an adventure of NATURE and if you want to enjoy serenity plus a time of scenic view. Cool place! Great Staff!

South Cotabato
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Lexber Vacation Homes - NEVER AGAIN!!!

I was there lat week and I HAD A VERY BAD experience during my stay.It's true that the place is cool & foggy, BUT the rooms are full of COCKROACHES, I mean BIG COCKROACHES, and lots of insects, maybe thousand species of them crawling and flying specially at night.It's because of the fact that it is situated in a forest or shall we say jungle.One time, my daughter was screaming inside the room and to my surprise, i saw a big rat on top of the built-in dresser cabinet, which quickly concealed itself inside a hole in the ceiling.We got out of the room and slept on the sofa instead.And yes, the water is abundant but full of rust and brownish in color.You can see the sediments on a clear glass.It's a good thing we brought two 5liter-gallon of drinking water.The blankets and towels smell so bad,like full of molds.And worst of all, the mosquitoes.I haven't seen a larger mosquitoes in my whole life than the ones in here.It looks like they could suck all your blood in just few days.

The hotel staffs are slow and idle.They even spit on the hallways and stairways (yakkkk!).And by the way, the guard house does not have any telephone number to call in case of emergency.You are left with your mobile phone to reach the outside world.Just imagine if you ran out of load, no signal, or no power...

It's true that there are on-going constructions here, which makes your stay a not so peaceful and quiet.These are a lot of new houses here being built but according to the lady I met here named Alma, the one in-charge, she said that Lexber Co. has no more money to finance and complete these housing project, and that the government agency HLURB will be taking over to rehabilitate it.She said that the poor owners will have no choice but to accept their doom.

It's really FAR from the city, it would take you more than 30mins to reach the city specially when you get stuck in a traffic-congested Naguillian road from Coyeesan to City Hall.

If you have your own car,you'll consume a lot of fuel.If you consider commuting, you'll have to wait for several minutes or even hours to get a lift towards the city.

Well, I DON'T personally recommend this place for vacationers and investors alike.If you want to value your money and time, find another place in the city.

And NEVER INVEST to this so called SCAM DEVELOPERS.

Quezon City
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Lexber Vacation Homes - NEVER AGAIN!!!

Hi vacationers/investors,

I was surprised that these informations were just posted now. I am one of those investors of the housing project by Lexber that may have to accept doom of reality. This developer had make a run for my money, I invested money and time for one of those houses only to learn today that Lexber had filed rehabilitation since they can no longer finance their project. BEWARE especially those OFW's out there.