We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terminal 4 (Old domestic terminal) refurbishment

Puerto Princesa...
Level Contributor
24 posts
47 reviews
Save Topic
Terminal 4 (Old domestic terminal) refurbishment

Having not used this terminal for maybe 5 years, a budget flight from Manila to Puerto Princesa forced me back here.

BE WARNED - As with Terminal 1, terminal 4 is also being re-furbished. It should now be re-named TERMINAL FROM HELL.

I unluckily arrived there last weekend (Sunday), mid afternoon for my 6.30pm flight to be met by absolute CHAOS.

The check-in area was overflowing (that's when we eventually actually got inside....the queue outside took us 45 minutes - in the mid-afternoon sun!)

The whole terminal has NO AIR-CONDITIONING. So already hot and sunburnt from my 45 minute enforced queuing outside, we had another blisteringly hot and sweaty wait while we checked in.

BUT, that's just the warm-up for what you are then forced to endure!!!!!!

Just about EVERY departing flight was late......VERY late. The already small departure hall was COMPLETELY packed with passengers. There were no seats....ANYWHERE. There wasn't even anywhere to stand! EVERYWHERE was completely full of hot and sweaty passengers (with their carry-on luggage)......oh and of course NO AIRCON!

We eventually fought our way down to a refreshment store close to gate 1. NO COLD DRINKS! Everything was room-temperature (which for the record was 45 degrees Celsius!)

They had 2 (TWO) fans for the whole area. BUT these fans were the IWATA type. For those who don't know, these fans are designed as a cheap form of air-con (known as evaporative coolers - or SWAMP coolers). They work by allowing the air to pass over a water-dampened filter. This system in a tropical country DOESN'T WORK (Fine to use in Arizona or Nevada)! All they do is put even more humidity into the atmosphere.

So the already ultra-humid 45 degree heat was being made EVEN MORE humid by these STUPIDLY ridiculous 'fans'.

I ended up having a HUGE argument with the security guard. He was closing all of the doors of the departure gates which were the ONLY form of ventilation. I told him to PLEASE leave them open. People were SUFFERING in the heat and humidity. After I made my protest dozens of fellow passengers supported my plea!

MESSAGE TO THE TERMINAL 4 MANAGER. Ditch those ridiculous evaporative 'coolers'. THEY DO NOT WORK IN A HUMID TROPICAL COUNTRY! They only make the situation WORSE!

Terminal 4 - the TERMINAL FROM HELL.

Stirling, United...
Level Contributor
253 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terminal 4 (Old domestic terminal) refurbishment

yeeeeesh ! and i thought terminal 1 was bad on may 1st..

obviously they knew this was going to happen but couldn't care less..

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
170 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terminal 4 (Old domestic terminal) refurbishment

been there done that terminal too lol

3. Re: Terminal 4 (Old domestic terminal) refurbishment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 May 2015, 06:16