We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

which is better Tower Inn or Crown Regency hotel?

DC
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
which is better Tower Inn or Crown Regency hotel?

Please help, I need to make reservations this week but can't decide w/c one. I am staying with my young daughter & siblings so will need about 2 rooms.

both hotels are on arnaiz. which is the shorter walk to the mall areas? safer? cleaner? nicer?

both cost about the same.

thanks!

jean

Kuala Lumpur...
Level Contributor
230 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: which is better Tower Inn or Crown Regency hotel?

hi there,

i would say Crown Regency. have stayed there sometime in June this year.

though the room is a bit small, but it is clean. and nearer to malls.

it is a stone throw away from Park Square and less than 5 minutes walk to glorietta and SM Mall. Very convenient. but to croos over the road to park square from hotel is very challenging instead (bcos'of the traffic).

But,should you stay at Crown Regency, request for a room facing the back, not facing/fronting the main street(Arnaiz Ave) as it could be noisy though.

i guess tower in is a little further down the road. Quite a distance to walk. i would recommend you to stay at Crown regency. It is definitely safe to stay here. Moreover, resto and shops are around. Dusit Thani Hotel is just around the corner.

hope it helps.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: which is better Tower Inn or Crown Regency hotel?

I haven't stayed at the Tower Inn but every time I travel to the Makati I always stay at the Crown Regency .

Eastern Shore of...
Level Contributor
781 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: which is better Tower Inn or Crown Regency hotel?

The walking distance to the malls is essentailly the same. Tower Inn is behind Greenbelt and Crown Regency is behind Ayala.

I haven't stayed at either, but Tower comes highly recommended by one of my filipino friends. The service and upkeep of Crown Regency in Davao is less than admirable. Not sure if that carries over to Makati. Neither has a pool for the kids.

Both are equally safe.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
732 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: which is better Tower Inn or Crown Regency hotel?

Crown Regency is the newer of the two hotels. Tower Inn is actually nearer to the Greenbelt Malls (with some of the newer, more higher end shops), while Crown Regency is much closer to the Park Square and Glorietta malls - obviously much lower end now. There's an ongoing demolition/clearing of the area in front of Tower Inn where the former Anson's and Park Square 2 building stood before. However, Tower Inn seems a lot quieter than the Crown Regency area. But if you are after good buys and SM, then Crown Regency will be your best bet, location wise.

DC
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: which is better Tower Inn or Crown Regency hotel?

hello impulsetraveller,

just want to clarify, how can Tower Inn be quieter than Crown Regency when there is demolition in from on Tower Inn?

also, where is it easier to cross street to get to the malls in front of tower inn or crown regency or should I be trying to get a taxi instead?

Eastern Shore of...
Level Contributor
781 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: which is better Tower Inn or Crown Regency hotel?

Crossing the street at either hotel is no different and easy. Same as in DC I would think.

7. Re: which is better Tower Inn or Crown Regency hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 October 2009, 21:19