We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

booking accommodation

Adelaide, Australia
3 posts
Save Topic
booking accommodation

I have never booked an overseas accommodation through internet , I always unskeptical and feel I cant trust booking so I always end up booking with the travel agency, the travel we went through has not many option of hotels at the moment and I find that website has.. can anyone reccommend a trusted website..Im from Australia

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
763 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: booking accommodation

I've used Asiatravel.com, HotelClub.com and Booking.com without any problems. To compare prices, I usually go to Wego.com first to see which travel site offers the lowest price for my chosen hotel.

Good luck!

Adelaide, Australia
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: booking accommodation

thanks Vanilla bean Ill have a look at this site

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,653 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: booking accommodation

My favorite is Asiatravel.com... it is reliable and even listed at Singapore Exchange.

Anothe favorite would be Agoda.com... TripAdvisor trusts it and even aggregated reviews from Agoda but I think it already stopped.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: booking accommodation

the most trusted website should be that of the hotel or accomodation where u might stay,depends what budget range you arte looking for ? from 1000-4000 ,how long u will be staying there ,whether u want breakfast ,dinner etc included in price?.

sydney
Level Contributor
345 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: booking accommodation

have used asiatravel.com many times, they are very good...

Show Low, Arizona
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: booking accommodation

i have used asiarooms.com and agoda.com with out any problems. agoda usually has the lowest prices, but check around. Also , something i try to do is check the hotel's web site and customer reviews before booking through Agoda. hope this helps!

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,133 posts
2,088 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: booking accommodation

www.asiatravel.com seems to be by far the best.

It has an excellent range of accommodation in Manila and a good number of choices in Cebu.

It does not necessarily have hotels on offer in every town, particularly off the beaten track.

Butte
Level Contributor
258 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: booking accommodation

I like Hotelscombined.com and Agoda.com . I find if you use these websites to give you an idea of where you want to be and in what price range, then call the hotel of your choice and see what deal you can get directly through the hotel

Metro Manila
Level Contributor
51 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: booking accommodation

I've used Agoda many times because I find their rates cheaper than the others most of the time and I've not had a problem when checking-in. Asiatravel and Asiarooms are good alternatives as well.

10. Re: booking accommodation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2012, 06:16