We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Student Exchange to AIM in Makati

Warsaw, Poland
1 post
Save Topic
Student Exchange to AIM in Makati

hi,

I got accepted for an exchange program to the Asian Institute of Management in Makati. It doesn't start for a few months but i was wondering if there were any people here from Makati that I could talk to about the city. Maybe someone from the University as well. I'll need to know everything, where to travel, live, eat, party etc.

any help will be much appreciated!

cheers,

Jacek

Quezon City...
Level Contributor
6 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Student Exchange to AIM in Makati

I'm not from AIM but the school is literally across the street from a huge high-end shopping mall. Party places are also just walking distance from the school, but the best ones are in Fort Bonifacio which is about 10 to 15 minutes by car from AIM. So if you're looking for a place to stay, you might as well check the accommodation options in Legazpi Village, which is the neighbourhood where AIM is located. Aside from the shopping mall, the place is teeming with restaurants, although most are on the pricier side. Also Legazpi Village is very safe and is home to many expats.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
134 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Student Exchange to AIM in Makati

Hi! :)

Not a current student of AIM but I frequent the place for other matters.

1. Where to eat, shop and party: As the person above said, it's in front a high-end shopping mall, and about a twenty-minute walk from two more. There are several restaurants a five-minute walk away from AIM with a lot of evening activities. Within the city, there are several bars as well, some just a few minutes' walk away from AIM. Legaspi Village (where AIM is) is also home to a lot of restaurants and artistic cafes.

2. What to do: If you're into arts and culture, Ayala Museum (historical) is also a few minutes' walk away from AIM. Yuchengco Museum (art) is a short cab ride away. Makati is also a hub of up-and-coming artists of various media, and a lot of (relatively well-known) local indie bands also have their gigs in the area. If you're into more athletic activities, there's a Legaspi Park is within walking distance from AIM, and there are a lot of gyms (including ones for boxing, MMA, muay thai, etc) in the area. And that's just the things you can do within the area! There are much more things to do in neighboring cities.

3. Where to stay: I suggest staying at the AIM dorm for convenience. You should ask about it. Good luck, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. :)

3. Re: Student Exchange to AIM in Makati

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 August 2014, 06:38
4. Re: Student Exchange to AIM in Makati

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 July 2014, 15:05
5. Re: Student Exchange to AIM in Makati

Removed on: 18 August 2014, 17:39
6. Re: Student Exchange to AIM in Makati

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Makati
Recent Conversations