We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

One Lafayette square

california
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
One Lafayette square

Has anyone stayed at this condominium? Any advice? Tips? I heard the apartment 1B that's under it is good. I was looking for a nice place in makati and I stumble with one Lafayette square but i didn't see much review.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,199 posts
2,170 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: One Lafayette square

From what I could see, these apartments are more for long term rental rather than a holiday letting.

Strangely, the photos on one real estate agent's site show an empty apartment in 'not the best light.'

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
25,743 posts
2,118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: One Lafayette square

Importantly what is your budget so that alternative recommendations can be suggested?

Tommo

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,628 posts
163 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: One Lafayette square

sulit.com.ph

full of short term condos..

california
Level Contributor
8 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: One Lafayette square

$100 or less per night for a two bedroom would be ideal for us. I saw gramercy residence and it looks beautiful in the pics I've seen I wonder if they are better than Lafayette square?

Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
6,350 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: One Lafayette square

@ Mahar

How long do you wish to stay in Manila for? If it is 1 month or more, there are many other places available. However, do remember to check

1) What is included (electricity? water? in some rare condos, brekky?)

2) Do see the place for yourself before deciding - there is a lot that photos don't tell you.

Mentioned in this post
Manila
Manila
Luzon, Philippines
Makati, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
436 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: One Lafayette square

One Lafayette is more than 15 years old and most of the units are individually owned. Thus, conditions of the units are dependent on how it's maintained by the owner. As suggested, it is best to see the unit for yourself. Otherwise, you may also check other rental sites:

https://www.airbnb.com/s/makati…

https://www.roomorama.com/

…travelmob.com/vacation-rentals/…

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
27 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: One Lafayette square

One Lafayette used to be nice .. but at its current state now, its really old. I have a friend who lives there and I really don't like it. The lobby is dark. The general upkeep of the building is bad. The interiors are old, everything looks tired. I won't recommend it to anyone who's coming to Makati for a vacation.

You are right about Apartment 1B though. Its one of my favorite restaurants. They have a newer branch in Rockwell though. I highly suggest you stay in Rockwell instead. There are a few listings under vacation rentals that are in Rockwell. I actually have a property for rent in Rockwell, but I'd rather not say it or else be accused of self promotion. Haha But my headline reads, Rockwell Modern Asian 1BR listed under Vacation Rentals in Makati just in case you're curious.

Gramercy is a new development. I hear its ok. They have a modest mall where you can do your necessity shopping, but its nothing like Powerplant Mall in Rockwell or Greenbelt. Gramercy is just isolated in that area of Makati. The photos you see posted of Gramercy on TripAdvisor are all from the developer so of course it would be nice. I have a friend who lived there for 2 months but decided to transfer back to Rockwell after. The crowd was just not good, whatever he meant by that.

My suggestion, go stay in Greenbelt if you like a big mall and you don't mind big crowds. If you want to be in a private area with finer choices, Rockwell's your best bet in Makati.

Mentioned in this post
Makati
Makati
Luzon, Philippines
Greenbelt Park
Greenbelt Park
402 Reviews
Luzon, Philippines
8. Re: One Lafayette square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Makati