We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nice hotel in P. Burgos Makati

Aussie
2 posts
Save Topic
Nice hotel in P. Burgos Makati

Any inputs re restos, niteclubs, shopping nearby.

KL
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nice hotel in P. Burgos Makati

Hi AussieMay,

My suggestion to you

Makati Palace Hotel or the Oxford Suites. Both are about the same price off the internet. Avoid Citadel Inn at all costs.

Lots of eating places in this area, and also clubs but be careful.

Shopping malls are located in the Ayala area, which is 20 minutes walk away. In this area, you'll find almost any brand you want.

Enjoy

Los Angeles
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Nice hotel in P. Burgos Makati

Ha.

AJ23...Whats wrong with the citadel inn???

i got a buddy heading that way next weekend....

Cagayan de Oro...
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nice hotel in P. Burgos Makati

Makati is the business district of the Philippines. It is basically the most developed area in Metropolitan Manila. However despite its development, P. Burgos Street is considered as the "unimpressive" part of Makati. This is what I have read in other travel forums.

Wandering
Level Contributor
58 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Nice hotel in P. Burgos Makati

Hi!

If you are on a tight budget, try Oxford Suites or Somerset. Jupiter Arms is decent, cheap reliable, and is only about 2 blocks away from P. Burgos.

Citradel Inn is a bit rundown and the service is far from great.

Please don't take offence, but P. Burgos isn't really a good place for a decent tourist to be. It is the red light district of Makati City (kind like Soi Cowboy of Bangkok), and not a very clean area since the foot and vehicle traffic in that area is high. If you really must stay there, you can try Hutu's Hut and Shinjuku restos. Or walk 5 minutes to Rockwell's PowerPlant mall where you'll find barbecue buffet at Brazil resto, seafood/asian cuisine buffet at Crustasia, good old Dencio's Filipino food, etc.

Jupiter street is more decent, and has great karaoke bars (the decent type, not like the ones along Burgos) called Music 21 and also IO KTV. Good cheap restos there serving Filipino food include Chicken Bacolod, Max's, The Aristocrat and many more. There are also live band bars like Strumm's and Aruba. Just walk up and down Jupiter St, and you'll find international restos and bars.

The Ayala district is only about 15 minutes away. It is much nicer and much safer here. It's a hub of several malls, hotels, restos, bars and other commercial entities. They have Mangan which serves regional Filipino cuisine, Max's (again), Intercon's Jeepney Cafe, Masas Filipino resto, Recipes by Metro (Filipino food with a new flair), Sentro (Filipino food), etc. You'll also find some of the best international restos and bakeshops in Greenbelt, and cheaper ones at Glorietta. Glorietta 4 even has a fastfood area with a great variety of good, cheap FIlipino chow. In Greenbelt, Ice Bar is popular among expats, along with Cafe Havana, etc...

Hope this helps.

Northern California
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Nice hotel in P. Burgos Makati

I tend to agree with Mrs.P.Fogg on this one. While P.Burgos has a good nightlife [which I'm assuming you're familiar with] there are an abundance of nice hotels just minutes away and closer to malls, restaraunts, etc., which are great for daytime and evening activities. Hotels near Greenbelt (i.e. corner of Ayala and Makati avenues) are ideal and just a few pesos taxi ride from P.Burgos.

Enjoy your visit!!

6. Re: Nice hotel in P. Burgos Makati

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2009, 08:25