We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ADB/Ortigas Center area: Suggest of what to do

california
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Topic
ADB/Ortigas Center area: Suggest of what to do

I will be with family and thinking of staying at Holiday Inn Galleria Manila or Discovery Suites. What are people's suggestions of things to do in the besides shopping? And is it really THAT far from certain tourist attractions?

Thanks!

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong
Level Contributor
6,061 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: ADB/Ortigas Center area: Suggest of what to do

its a commercial district with lots of huge shopping malls (with identical stores if i may add, personal choice is shangrila mall) so it might be far from tourist attractions specially when traffic jam kicks in come rush hour.

where do you plan to go?

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
643 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ADB/Ortigas Center area: Suggest of what to do

Here are some suggestions:

1. See some movies you might have missed in the States because of your busy schedule

2. Go on a food trip. There are lots of dining places around the area and within a kilometer/mile radius of the Ortigas Center

3. Watch great local talents in concerts, in theaters and in clubs.

4. Visit a salon for some beauty treatments. Have a haircut, have your hair dyed, have a manicure/pedicure and many other services which are quite expensive in the States.

5. Visit a spa for a massage, body scrub or facial treatment. These are also quite expensive in the States. So enjoy them here at a fraction of their cost abroad.

6. Go on a day tour to Tagaytay for some nice weather, great views and some gourmet delights.

7. Visit other areas. Makati is about 30 minutes away on average traffic. Manila and Intramuros, which is about an hour away, makes for some cultural and historical experience.

8. Have a relaxing day inside your hotel without going out. Eat, sleep and swim and spend the rest of the day bonding with your family.

Hope you enjoy your stay in the Philippines.

california
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ADB/Ortigas Center area: Suggest of what to do

Thanks! I do plan to do beauty spa stuff as it is quite expensive here. I appreciate your ideas and recommendation. Any particular spa u can recommend?

thanks again!

Eastern Shore of...
Level Contributor
781 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ADB/Ortigas Center area: Suggest of what to do

If you want a bling massage, you can use the one in Robinson's Mall in Ortigas or take the MRT up to Cubao and make use of the VIBES franchise there. I highly recommend it, although it is not plush.

If you do venture around Manila during the day, be wary of using a taxi. Traffic can kill an entire day. Use the rapid transit trains. They are cheap, easy and fast.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
643 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: ADB/Ortigas Center area: Suggest of what to do

Holiday Inn Galleria has Suriya Spa while Discovery Suites has Discovery Spa. Across Discovery Suites, at the Podium Mall, is The Spa. These are 3 of the best spas in the metro. I have tried the hot stone massage at The Spa and it's very good. But any of the above spas would probably be good so take your pick and enjoy.

Metro Manila...
Level Contributor
52 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ADB/Ortigas Center area: Suggest of what to do

Tiendesitas is 15-20 mins. away by taxi (less if there is no traffic). It is an upscale bazaar/flea market which "showcases the best of the Philippines' products - from art, antiques, furniture, handicrafts to native food, fashion, pets, plants and novelty items" (www.tiendesitas.com.ph). The food there is fantastic and if you have kids, there is a big complex right next door called Fun Ranch where they can enjoy rides, games, arcade, even a salon for kids, etc.

7. Re: ADB/Ortigas Center area: Suggest of what to do

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 September 2009, 07:18
Get answers to your questions about Pasig