We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travelling home with infant/babies

Which Davao City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
San Diego
7 posts
Save Topic
travelling home with infant/babies

hello,gurls!

Is it really hard to travel to pi with an infant/baby

are they crancky in the plane?does it make annoying to other passengers?

how does it goes going home with them?

is it true that usually they get sick in pi?like colds etc etc?

how did u handle the situation esp when ur hubby is not with u during d trip?

tnx!

Pawtucket, RI
Level Contributor
14,593 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: travelling home with infant/babies

I don't bring any babies with me but I have been on flights where there were lots of babies on them. Sometimes on the return flights to the U.S. there could 20 or 30 families with babies they just picked up from Chinese orphanages.

Some babies on planes are okay (for everyone else that is) and some are a real pain in the ear!

First - there are seats with bulkheads (walls) in front of you which a baby bassinett/bed thing can be plugged in to. This is only after the flight is off the ground for a while. When the plane is about to land the flight attendants take it down again. Ask for this bulkhead seat! (I don't like bulkhead seats and avoid them so you will never be next to me too!)

I have seen the airline warming up milk bottles and doing whatever to help out. When the airline offers you the opportunity to board first - do it! This makes it easy for you to board and all of the overhead storage lockers are open near you.

Contact your doctor about pressure changes causing severe earaches in babies. Adults chew gum and hold their noses and blow to adjust to different air pressure and I guess babies can suck on baby bottles to cut down on their pressure change effects. Check with your doctor to see if there is anything you can do in emergencies when the baby is in pain.

I hate having a baby near me if they scream a lot. Sometimes I think that the screaming would stop if the mother or father would simply pick up the baby and cuddle or talk to it the screaming would stop - but they ignore the screaming - just like at home! They are not at home they are on a plane!

Glad it is you and not me!

San Diego
7 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: travelling home with infant/babies

hahahahahaha...u are funny!

yeah! thank you & ill keep on mind your suggestions.

It is well said!

3. Re: travelling home with infant/babies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 September 2009, 15:18