We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

samal island

antipolo
1 post
Save Topic
samal island

are there other resort/hotel around samal island which is cheaper but nice as the pearl farm beach resort?

Eden Nature Park
Nature & Wildlife Areas, Hiking Trails, Parks
Philippine Eagle Centre
Nature & Wildlife Areas
Crocodile Park
Nature & Wildlife Areas
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: samal island

None, nothing compares the Pearl Farm.

But some are good ones, enough to make your stay in the island enjoyable.

You're alternative is to stay in the city center of Davao City. Samal is just a few minutes-2-rides travel from Davao.

There are good but cheaper accommodations in the Davao area. That's what we did when we traveled to Davao in 2001.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
10,383 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: samal island

Hello Marletbadeo adn Highlander1975

Many people speak highly of Paradise Island which is also on Samal island. However, I can't make a comparison as I have never been to Pearl Farm and it is 6 years since I was at Paradise Island.

Regards; Jim Sibbick

philippines
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: samal island

hi, yes there is a resort in samal that you can go to that is beautiful as pearl farm but not as expensive. you can go to paradise beach resort wherein you can a sumptuous meal for less and experience a very fine white sand. plus cheaper room accomodation and yet is clean and first class! so what are you waiting for? give it a try!:)

Davao
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: samal island

Hi! Highlander, there are resort in Samal Island that are nice. If your looking for a quite place for relaxation, away from hustle and bustle from the metropolis, I think Hof Gorei Beach Resort is the place for you. Try to visit their site at www.hofgorei-resortdavao.com.

Thank you

Cebu Island...
Level Contributor
754 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: samal island

paradise island is a cheaper option but just too many crowds...its neighbor the costa marina appeals better to me. another option for u would be chema's, pricier than the two but definitely cheaper than pearl farm...i just have to warn you though about the food, nothing extraordinary...and ur not allowed to bring in food too, so u are practically forced to order from them. :)

there are newer ones -- blue jazz, but i haven't been there...hof gorei as mentioned here is relatively new but a bit far than the 3 that i have mentioned earlier.

Davao City...
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: samal island

If you want cheaper resorts, you can't find anything as nice as the Pearl Farm.

I agree with tambalyn, Costa Marina is a better alternative than Paradise Island. It's not as "commercialized" as Paradise Island, it's not as crowded, it's cheaper, it's got more than the basic necessities, and it's equally accessible.

Eastern Shore of...
Level Contributor
781 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: samal island

Stay at Drifter's and get the ten mintue ferry there during the day if you want. Best of all worlds.

Davao
8 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: samal island

this may be a bit off topic, but it's still about Samal island. People interested in history may find this interesting. I did personal research and discovered Samal may hold the secret of having one of the oldest history not just of the country, but even humanity itself. It turned out that there were even archeological (unfortunately some were looted) discoveries of ancient giant inhabitants of the island, and the word "Samal" actually meant 'leftover' or those that remained from the once giant inhabitants of the island.

I posted it on my blog, Maharlikan:

…blogspot.com/2009/04/enigmatic-samal.html

I posted newer blog in that site that further dicussed about this interesting (re)discovery.

9. Re: samal island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2009, 06:19