We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Davao City to Samal Island

Which Davao City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Quezon City...
13 posts
Save Topic
Davao City to Samal Island

I wish to see Samal Island in one day and I am not sure how to make it worthwhile due to time constraint. Can anyone direct me how to pursue this plan. Where can I safely contract a boat operator from Davao City to do a island hopping for 2 persons? how much will it cost me. My wish is to see some of the island beautiful scenery and I hope you guys can give me an idea how to do it. Thanks

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,729 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Davao City to Samal Island

www.ambot-ah.com/talikud-island-diy-day-trip/

Quezon City...
13 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Davao City to Samal Island

Thank you Mousehunt for sharing your day tour experience to Samal Island.

Edited: 13 November 2012, 17:30
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,729 posts
337 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Davao City to Samal Island

That is not mine! :)

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,261 posts
151 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Davao City to Samal Island

you can grab a taxi in Davao to get to the boat to cross, once on the island it easy to find boats to tour around. Leave early and you will be okay

Quezon City...
13 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Davao City to Samal Island

Thanks leftovertoo, I think your plan will be more fun if I just get a boat to do island hopping. Any idea how much they charge just to have a sight seeing of the islands in Samal. Thanks

Hasselt, Belgium
Level Contributor
29 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Davao City to Samal Island

As you dont have much time, I suggest you take the ferry from Santa Ana Wharf, which is located within the Chinatown district of Downtown Davao City, to Talikud Island / Kaputian.

Once in Kaputian, you will find plenty of locals with a boat, who will be more than happy to exchange your Pesos to a boat trip.

7. Re: Davao City to Samal Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 12:17