We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

DAVAO- is it currently safe to travel here- on ground advice

Which Davao City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London
Level Contributor
26 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
DAVAO- is it currently safe to travel here- on ground advice

Hi,

My Husband and I have booked flights via Manila to fly to Davao on Mindanao island. The reason we choose to fly south to Davao is due to the weather systems showing that for July it will be nice sunny weather.

We are concerned about safety, however due to finding some reports of Davao not being safe to travel to. Is anyone on the ground in Davao that can advise whether it is safe to travel there at the moment (JULY 2013). We are due to fly in on 10th July 2013 so would really appreciate a reasonably quick response.

to clarify- we had booked the flights, and since the safety in Davao appears to have changed on the internet. Please only reply if you have been to Davao and around recently (June/July 2013) as we are seeking on ground updated advice.

Thanks

Milly

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,133 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: DAVAO- is it currently safe to travel here- on ground advice

yes Jim, I agree on that. My point though is stats can not be compared from one place to another for many reasons. I rather just go on local reports on the place I travel to.

22. Re: DAVAO- is it currently safe to travel here- on ground advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 July 2014, 07:17