We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visa

Which Cebu City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
reykjavik
4 posts
Save Topic
Visa

Can anyone tell me, if i go to the Philippines on a turist visa and get 30 days in the airport, can i then renew my visa every month for a year and get 30 more days every time ? I´d also like to know how much a small apartment in Cebu costs? or a condo?

Eastern Shore of...
Level Contributor
781 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visa

As a tourist, you can stay 21 days without any problem. You can extend that to 59 days with little trouble and a few thousand pesos at the airport immigration (?) or the regional immigration center in Cebu. Over 59 days, you definitely have to go to one of the regional immigration centers or the main center in Manila and pay a extension fee as a tourist. Once again, there will be added fees.

I have never bought a condo in the Philippines, but you should be able to get a simple one under 2 million pesos ($45,000 USD) in Cebu. Maybe less. Others on this site probably can help you more with that question.

You certainly can get a basic apartment or long stay condo for alot less if you were renting. It depends on your needs and tastes, so best to just look around when you arrive in Cebu.

reykjavik
4 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Visa

Thank you very much for your reply, can you say much a visa renewal is ? and i was actually curious about renting a small apartment or a condo, what could a price for a nice place be i for example Cebu or Davao ?

Northam, Western...
Level Contributor
70 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visa

Usually the initial entry at the airport is 21 days. Go to www.immigration.gov.ph to get a run down of Visa extension fees. The first extension after 21 days is about 1500 pisos. After that there are different fees and requirements. I understand you can keep extending your tourist Visa up to 1 year.

I don't know much about rents but I know someone in Davao who pays 3000 pisos a month, plus utilities, for a very basic one room apartment. If you want a nice place in a subdivision you can pay 20000+ pisos per month easily.

reykjavik
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Visa

Thank you so much. I will look at that site. I used to live in Thailand, but its getting so hard to get a visa there, so i want to move to an easier country

Regards , Erik

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,985 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Visa

Hello

You can get visa info from my website here:

bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/visas.htm

Do not take any notice of property prices or rentals on websites. They are foreigner prices.

Just check out prices in the local paper while in Cebu.

Regards: Jim

reykjavik
4 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Visa

Thanks Jim, your info has been a big help. I understand now that obtaining visa won't be difficult. Thats a relief. I read on your site that one should be carful not to apply for a visa extention wearing shorts !! thats a bit strange i think, law should be law, but ofcourse there is no need to offend. I understand there is no need to apply for a visa outside Philippines before going there. I will travel within the next 6 months. Thanks again,

best regards, Erik

Compostela
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Visa

Sæll Eiríkur.

Eins og margir hafa svarað þer, þa færðu 21 dag við komu til landsins. Siðan þarftu að framlengja, færð þá fyrst 30 daga, eftir það þarftu að framlengja a 59 daga fresti. Hver framlenging kostar 2-3000 peseta. Leiguverð a ibuð er ekki hátt. Þu getur fengið íbúð fyrir 10-20 þus. peseta. Þarft samt trúlega að greiða amk 2ja manaða tryggingu og siðan manuðinn fyrirfram. Kannski 2-3 manuði fyrirfram. Við leigu þarf maður að huga að öryggi.

Sjalfur bý eg rett fyrir utan Cebuborg þar sem við hjónin rekum hotel.

www.waterviewcebu.com

Þu ert velkominn hingað, leigum út studio herb á manaðarbasis.

Kv,

Alfreð

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,204 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Visa

http://www.gov.ph/faqs/visa.asp

9. Re: Visa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 07:17