We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suggestions for 3 day/2 night itinerary/guide/cheap accomod?

NYC
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Suggestions for 3 day/2 night itinerary/guide/cheap accomod?

Hello, planning to visit Cebu for the first time. Planning to stay 2 nights and 3 days. Does anyone have any recommendations for a cheap, clean and centrally located hotel? where is the best neighborhood to stay in terms of nightlife and sightseeing?

Also, I'm looking for recommendations for an itinerary for must-see sights in Cebu. If anyone knows any reliable and cheap tour guides, that would be helpful as well.

Thanks for all the help!

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suggestions for 3 day/2 night itinerary/guide/cheap accomod?

I went to Cebu two months ago with virtually no knowledge about the place. Upon landing from the airport along with two friends we just took the public jeepney and asked to be dropped down to a place we didn't know. We did this 2 more times just to get the hang of it. Anyway, we eventually took a cab to get to our hotel.

I'd recommend Crown Regency Hotel & Towers Cebu. They're the one offering the skywalk similar to the one in Macau, at a far lower price:

http://www.skyexperienceadventure.com/

We stayed in a cheap hotel called LS. It's basic but it's really cheap and we had no qualms whatsoever. We also did the skywalk and the ride at Crown Regency BTW.

For the tour, I just fired up my browser when I found free wifi somewhere when I was already in Cebu and just searched for help on a tour and found this:

bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/blog/?p=41

The driver mentioned on the site, Danny was actually booked for the day but recommended me another one. Just send him a text message and he'll inform you asap if he's available or if he'll just refer you to one of his friends. He's really friendly and the same goes for the guide he referred us who immediately went to our location. We just asked the guide to take us to any place he could recommend and we also didn't have any problems with him.

Hope this helps.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
10,428 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suggestions for 3 day/2 night itinerary/guide/cheap accomod?

Please let me know in your currency or in Pisos what you think cheap is and I will make some suggestions.

The driver link in roxj message above is my website. Danny Noy is my former driver. He was the driver when i was a partner in a tourism business in Cebu City.

Here is the itinery for the tour we used to run

bigjimsphilippinesexperience.com/cebu_tour.h…

Regards: Jim

NYC
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suggestions for 3 day/2 night itinerary/guide/cheap accomod?

Thanks, roxj and big_jim! The 8-hour itinerary seems perfect. Can I still arrange for that? What's the average fee for a tour with Danny?

As for accomodations, I'm not too picky---it just needs to be clean and safe; pretty basic. Oh, and ideally, i'd like to be close to nightlife venues. Would like to spend about $20-$30 USD, or even less. Is that possible?

NYC
Level Contributor
22 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suggestions for 3 day/2 night itinerary/guide/cheap accomod?

I was looking around more on tripadvisor and realized perhaps it would be a good idea to stay near the beach one night and the city another night? Is that too ambitious? Saw that kiwilodge offers rooms on an island north of cebu and they also have a hotel in the city. will be coming from boracay so perhaps we can head over to their beach resort first and then into the city? concerned that there isn't enough to see in the city to warrant staying for 3 days but also don't want to be running around...what do you think?

thanks again for answering all my questions!

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Suggestions for 3 day/2 night itinerary/guide/cheap accomod?

If you would like to stay at a beach resort... Here are a couple of cheaper , nice resorts on Mactan Island. Close to Cebu City, maybe 30 to 40 minutes. Taxi ride from here to Cebu City is around P 250 to 300

http://www.haruhay.net/index-28722.php.html

Nice, clean, pool, private, not crowed... P 1000 to 2000

http://cebu-hotels.com/mactan-resort/

Hadsan Cove....... rates at the link......

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
33 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Suggestions for 3 day/2 night itinerary/guide/cheap accomod?

Hi There,

You may try looking this place http://www.sugbutel.com/ , you can have an overnight accommodation for only Php 99.00 ( about $2/night )but you need to confirm your reservation at least 30 days before your stay.

The place is just about 3 to 5 minutes walk going to SM Mall.

You may also try looking here www.cebutourguide.com/tour_activities.htm for Cebu sightseeing and tour activities.

Edited: 18 January 2010, 15:23
7. Re: Suggestions for 3 day/2 night itinerary/guide/cheap accomod?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2010, 06:22