We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Splitting time between Cebu City and Bohol...

Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Splitting time between Cebu City and Bohol...

We'll be flying in into Cebu City from Boracay on a Monday. We're thinking of going straight to Bohol as soon as we arrived in Cebu City. Based on what I've read and the things to do in Bohol, I think we'll spend Mon nite, tues nite, and wed nite in Bohol. We will then go back to Cebu City on Thurs and stay thurs night and onward in Cebu City.

Would that be a feasable idea? The reason we're thinking of doing this is because we want to experience the night life in Cebu City on the weekend. I read that there is barely any night life in Bohol.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,348 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Splitting time between Cebu City and Bohol...

Cebu is 2 hours from Tablibaran Bohol by fast craft ferry....so its easy to go back and forth as you wish...we were there 6 months ago..

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Splitting time between Cebu City and Bohol...

Sounds like a great plan... I would say you are doing the right thing.. Experience Bohol for it has to offer, and of course the Nightlife of Cebu City is by far the best you will find anywhere in PI...

Mango Ave will be the center of the Nightlife for Cebu City.. So if you find Mango Ave. you have found the nightlife. Its all right there... Mactan Island has some great Nightlife also, its about 30 min away.. But not as much and as concentrated in one area as Cebu City...

TIP : The disco's on Mango Ave, , Juliana, and The Beat The music is so loud, forget trying to talk, or forget trying to hear for the next day... When i say loud, I mean VERY..... Sunflower would be more on foreigner type of place. Plus Sunflower has live bands each night.. Or at least did have. I have not been for long time... No live bands , Juliana, or the Beat..

TIP : They is a comedy Club on Mango.. Its nice, but do not waist you money if you cannot understand Tagalog or Cebuano.. That is the language they use.... Very little English..

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,156 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Splitting time between Cebu City and Bohol...

I agree with the 2 previous posters. Just remember that the last ferry between the two provinces is about 4pm. There's no need to book ferry tickets in advance even on a busy weekend... even better for you as you will be travelling on weekdays.

Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Splitting time between Cebu City and Bohol...

I have been in contact with KR Tours and Travels (http://www.cebutourguide.com). They offer us a 3 nites package which include:

3 nites accomodations on a resort on Panglao Island

Bohol Day Tour

Whale/Dolphin watching with island hopping to Balicasag

All sea and land transfer/pickups/dropoffs

3x breakfast

2x lunch

Since we are doing the tours over 2 days, is there even any advantage of staying on a resort on Panglao? We probably won't have time to check out and relax on the beach infront of the resort. So we figure we might as well stay in Taligbaran where there's a bit more activity?

What do you guys think?

Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Splitting time between Cebu City and Bohol...

and also, how much is cab from panglao to taglibaran one way?

Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Splitting time between Cebu City and Bohol...

another thing...

should we get the package without a tour guide or with a tour guide? Any benefits with having a tour guide following us around?

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,156 posts
250 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Splitting time between Cebu City and Bohol...

Tagbilaran to Panglao is PHP400 one way. What activities you want to experience in Tagbilaran? Night life is better in Panglao.

Hiring a tour guide depends on your preference if you want someone by your side to assist you and answer all your questions about the place you are visiting.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,348 posts
154 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Splitting time between Cebu City and Bohol...

you can also get a two seater tricycle for P200 one way...Stay on Pangalo..but its only 35 minutes...how much is your package..as once you get to Pangalo a million people sell them adn hotels at least some include breakfast...

Canada
Level Contributor
343 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Splitting time between Cebu City and Bohol...

Poor planning on our part *sigh*

We are now rescheduling our itinerary since we figure there's not much going on in Bohol.

We will now be staying in Cebu City. We'll not be staying in Panglao or Tagbilaran. I think the only time we'll go to Bohol is probably when we do a day tour.

Edited: 14 July 2010, 20:43
clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Splitting time between Cebu City and Bohol...

hi ,u can do day tours but most likely it is rushed and dont really get to enjoy ur time there ,it seems u have enough time to at least spend one night in bohol to relax on alona beach or check out the city ,not much point going somewhere if dont experience what it has to offer ,we spent 2 nights there and only got to do day tour also ,even some people have beeen there 4/5 days will return again to see more.