We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What Is The Weather In Cebu Like in September?

Singapore, Singapore
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What Is The Weather In Cebu Like in September?

Hi everyone, I am going to Cebu for the first time from 1st to 5th September. My only concern is the weather. I have received much conflicting information about the weather - some say its a very rainy period, while others say the rainy season only begins in Nov/Dec. Has anyone visited Cebu during the same period? Any advice would be very much appreciated!!

Mentioned in this post
Cebu Island
Cebu Island
Visayas, Philippines
Leyte Island...
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
11,006 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What Is The Weather In Cebu Like in September?

I used to live in Cebu City and have otherwise been visiting since September 1994. So, I have been in Cebu for many Septembers.

It can pour down with rain sometimes and sometimes for several days but the most common weather pattern in my experience is that it will rain for a short time each day and be fine for the rest of the day to enjoy your outdoor activities.

Last September, I was in Cebu City. There were many days without any rain at all, then when it did rain, it poured down and caused temporary flooding.

Regards: Jim Sibbick

Mentioned in this post
Cebu City
Cebu City
Cebu Island, Philippines
Cebu Island
Cebu Island
Visayas, Philippines
Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What Is The Weather In Cebu Like in September?

I live here in Cebu, about 20 minutes from Cebu City, and can say that so far this season has been very rainy. Rain almost daily, but now it seems to be settling down. We are having only short showers, and not that often. Rainy season does not begin in Nov / Dec. Rainy season begins in June / July and continues until Nov / Dec. With the later months being at the end of the rainy season. So Sep is actually coming towards the end of the season. From past years i would say you can expect some days of showers, some short downpours, but not very many. You will be able to enjoy your vacation just fine. Here on Mactan Island , we have not missed any tours, or any big problems with the rain or sea conditions so far. So i expect it to only get better from here on out..

Edited: 11 August 2010, 14:48
Mentioned in this post
Cebu Island
Cebu Island
Visayas, Philippines
Cebu City
Cebu City
Cebu Island, Philippines
Mactan Island
Mactan Island
Cebu Island, Philippines
3. Re: What Is The Weather In Cebu Like in September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 February 2011, 07:17