We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

30 days in Cebu City

Bengaluru, India
3 posts
Save Topic
30 days in Cebu City

Hello good people of this forum,

We (wife & I) are planning to stay in Cebu City during the month of December and experience the nearby islands for 1 month. We are definitely not interested in staying in a Hotel for such a long time so we are looking for a serviced apartment ( studio) to spend the month there.

We are looking at places which are safe and which provide internet connection (preferably wi-fi) and are close to the city center, although that is not a hard constraint. Our budget is 20,000 peso or less.

Could you please suggest places which fits into our requirements. Thanks

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 30 days in Cebu City

This is not actually in Cebu City, its on the island of Mactan close to the airport. About 20 min. travel by taxi to the center of Cebu City. It might be something to look into.

http://sdrapartments.com/sdr-tours/cebu/

Edited: 09 September 2010, 06:33
Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,182 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 30 days in Cebu City

I notice that place is more than double what the poster is seeking!

There are plenty of places in Cebu City that are under P20,000 per month but none that I know of for a single month.

Except perhaps The Apartelle

They used to have apartments below P20,000 per month for a single month.

I have not been inside for 5 years and it was a bit worn out then so no idea what it looks like now. They are situated near the Capitol Building. It is walking distance to the huge Ayala Mall if you are fit although most foreigners would catch a taxi.

Anyway, you can contact them for a quote.

The Apartelle

Cebu Capitol Commercial Complex,

N. Escario St.,

Cebu City

Phone: +63 32 255-6385

No need to stress about internet. You can get wireless internet through Globe or Smart for P20 per hour. Here is the Globe Tatoo prepaid deal. P1495 for the dongle which gives P600 of internet time. You can load more as required.

…globe.com.ph/product/globe-tattoo-stick

Regards: Jim

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 30 days in Cebu City

Here is another one i found in Cebu City...

islandsproperties.com/rentals/…index.htm

Bengaluru, India
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: 30 days in Cebu City

Thank you so much for the response.

@Jim: Thank you. I have heard a lot about Apartelle and would contact them for details.

@cebuexpert: thanks for the link. I think this place looks decent. I will contact them as well.

Cheers!

5. Re: 30 days in Cebu City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 September 2010, 04:35
6. Re: 30 days in Cebu City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 14 September 2010, 04:35
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,229 posts
1,652 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 30 days in Cebu City

smrtgrl65

Self promotion is not allowed and the post will be removed.

Be sceptical if promotion is required via this medium rather than client recommendations.

All your posts recommend the same hotel.

Tommo

Orlando, Florida
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: 30 days in Cebu City

@ Vivek_nanda Please let us know what you go with and post an update when you get back I am interested in taking a 1 month trip as well in the near future.

australia
2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: 30 days in Cebu City

for another independent site that has listings of almost every accommodation in cebu, try 'cebu accommodation' they don't sell anything on the site. it is just lisings and reviews. very open.

Australia
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: 30 days in Cebu City

Hi there,

I've read your post, and I would like to tell you a bit of a fact on how things go in Cebu when it comes to renting an apartment. Staying in an apartment for a month to stay in Cebu is I'd say a pretty good idea. However, when you do rent an apartment, owners would ask for a one month advance and a one month deposit as terms of payment. Well, truthfully, the big ones and cheaper ones yet very satisfying is a bit far from the city. It will take you about 20 to 30 mins of travelling time w/ a mild traffic at hand, and 1 hr at most if traffic is really heavy. I hope this helps. Have a nice time. Happy trails.

Cheers