We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taboan Market closing time

Which Cebu City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
732 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Taboan Market closing time

Hi all!

Would like to ask if anyone knows what time does the market close at night (if ever they do). Trying to squeeze time for shopping and those dried fish is a must. Can't find any info if there are shops that might be open late night for pasalubong shopping. And if ever, i hope its safe to go there in a cab (that we'd ask to wait for us)?!

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taboan Market closing time

Hello,

The Taboan Market closed at around 7 pm... I do not think you will find to many if any places in that area open past 7 pm.

The area is pretty safe. Should not have to much trouble at all.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,765 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taboan Market closing time

I agree with cebuexpat. When I got there the last time past 6PM the vendors are busy preparing to close their stall. Just a piece of advice, be sure not to go there the same day as your flight out of Cebu as you will be smelling like a dried fish yourself ;-) I made that mistake so I learned my lesson in a "smelly" way.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
732 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taboan Market closing time

Thanks for the quick replies! Actually that's the reason why I wanted to go there late in the day so I could take a quick shower right after! Learned from experience also the last time I was in Cebu. Guess I have to do it earlier then.

Or unless anybody has any suggestions where to get similar items and have it packed, sealed in plastic bags and boxed ready to go like they do there...

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
16,765 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taboan Market closing time

Taboan Market is your best option. There are those which are already sealed which you can find in SM City and at the airport but you have to pay a premium unlike in Taboan.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,208 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taboan Market closing time

the place seems to close as it gets dark...but its also open early..

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taboan Market closing time

how early?

7. Re: Taboan Market closing time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 09:29