We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

White Sands or Tambuli Resort?

Chino Hills...
Level Contributor
13 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
White Sands or Tambuli Resort?

Which is a better choice for DAY Tour (lunch & use of facilities) White Sands or Tambuli Resort?Both resorts are in the same area.How do I get there by using public transportation (NO Taxi) from Cebu City?

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: White Sands or Tambuli Resort?

Tambuli is your best choice for a day pass.... Its P 500 and P 400 is consumable.. Its grounds and pools are equal to White Sands.. So its will be the better Value.. White Sands is also P 500, but only P 200 is consumable. Might also want to check out Alta.. The day pass is only P 350 which includes a Lunch.... Only bad thing about Alta, is it is much farther travel into Cordova.. Very many changes of rides to get there.... Any three are good choices, but expect to pay more transportation cost and little aggravation on getting to Alta..

To get here, use the same information i gave you about going to Porto Fino, and just do not stop at Portofino.. Take the Multi Cab going to Maribago all the way into Maribago and you are there.. White Sands id direct on the main road. So when you get off the multi cab, you are direct at the entrance..

Tambuli you will have to take a tri cycle to get to.. It farther down a side road.. But still right at the intersection of White Sands, Maribago Blue Water. Just tell the driver and he will know where to let you off..

Edited: 20 January 2011, 12:33
Chino Hills...
Level Contributor
13 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: White Sands or Tambuli Resort?

thank you so much for the info cebuexpat!

Manila, Philippines
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: White Sands or Tambuli Resort?

Hello,

I will be visiting Cebu Beach for a Day Tour and I was torn between this two. Is tambuli a good choice since the consumable is better? Which one is easy to locate? If I need to take a cab, how much will it cost me and what will be my alternate route going there aside riding the cab?

Thanks,

Yson

Edited: 19 February 2011, 17:34
Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: White Sands or Tambuli Resort?

Hello,

@ Yson,,,

Either one is a good choice... Tambuli gives you more for your peso.. As far as easy to locate... White Sands will be the easier to locate.. Its direct on the Main Road.. Tambuli is down a side road another few Kilometers.. Both are actually easy to find.. They are well known by taxi drivers..

Not sure where you are coming from,, so can not tell you exactly what your fare will be.. If coming from Cebu City, with the new meter system, You should expect P 260 to P 300 .. Taxi will go to either Tambuli or White Sands... Tambuli will be just few peso higher, because its few Kilometer farther than White Sands...

Cebu Island...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: White Sands or Tambuli Resort?

Hello!

I was just wondering, when you say that 400 PHP is consumable in Tambuli, what do you mean by that? Do they have an eat-all-you -can thing in Tambuli? Or can we bring our own food?

THANK YOU!

Mactan Island...
Level Contributor
302 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: White Sands or Tambuli Resort?

Hello,

Sorry for late reply... No food from outside, not even a bottle of water is allowed inside most all of the resorts here on Mactan.. If you do, expect to pay a corkage fee.. Sometimes you might get something through in you personal bag.. But, have also know of people even being checked sometimes for that..

The P 400 is consumable at Tambuli Restaurants only.. That will get you a buffet Breakfast or Lunch.. With probably having to pay for your drink.. You can also order ala carte, but only up to P 400 will be taken off your bill.. If you wish you can drink the P 400 at the bar, use it for buffet, or use it for anything.. If anything you get goes over the P 400.. you have to pay the difference.. This works the same for White Sands..

They are specific rules on which days are buffet, and which days are plated meals.. Either way, your day pass will consumable portion will cover the cost of this.. Again, might have to pay for drinks.. All the details you can find at

http://mactanislandtravel.weebly.com

7. Re: White Sands or Tambuli Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2012, 05:16