We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Anticoagulation Blood Tests & Local Food

Anticoagulation Blood Tests & Local Food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 December 2013, 11:35
Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,745 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Anticoagulation Blood Tests & Local Food

Ni idea as I have never heard of your problem and never seen any one request it before.

If no one else gives better information, here are some hospitals for you to try. They have clinics where you can get tested for other matters.

Chong Hua is the best hospital in Cebu City

http://www.chonghua.com.ph/

2 other good hospitals.

Cebu Doctors

http://www.cduh.com.ph/

Perpetual Succour.

http://www.pshcebu.com/

Filipino food mostly has Spanish origins. So, unless you know of any issue with Spanish food, you should not have a problem.

You can certainly get Japanese food and sea weed in Cebu City but since you already know not to eat them, they are easily avoided.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,045 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Anticoagulation Blood Tests & Local Food

I suggest you call the hospitals mentioned by Big Jim to confirm if they can do the tests that you need.

England, United...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Anticoagulation Blood Tests & Local Food

OK, thanks guys.

The other possibility is that samples can be taken at doctors surgeries and sent away for testing as in Japan and N.Z., in which case some information about such general facilities would be appreciated, please.

Oslo, Norway
Level Contributor
15,454 posts
162 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Anticoagulation Blood Tests & Local Food

IF they can not do it locally, forget about the idea of sending it away. If you call and ask, you best call back and ask again later to a different person. Just to make sure

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
346 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Anticoagulation Blood Tests & Local Food

Most major hospitals in Philippines perform this test as the INR is the most important test to monitor your blood thinner medications. Many people in the PH take warfarin or Coumadin and need this test to properly monitor. It.

Call hospital ,ask if lab accepts OP's . You may have to pay cash for testing as I assume your local insurance would be a pain in the tail to bill through the PH...

Most "leafy" greens have high Vit K levels so these should be avoided,unfortunately blood thinners are very finicky when it comes to certain foods ...

Edited: 02 September 2013, 08:55
Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
18,045 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Anticoagulation Blood Tests & Local Food

Make sure that you have a doctor's order/prescription written in English regarding the test that you need otherwise you would be asked to see first a doctor in Cebu to order the test. All the hospital laboratories I know do accept outpatients for testing.

Butuan, Philippines
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: Anticoagulation Blood Tests & Local Food

I need a pain management spa in cebu .can you please recommend one?

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
589 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Anticoagulation Blood Tests & Local Food

this is OT with the original post, and it is normally advisable you should start your own thread, and I am not sure if this is even travel related, but I will ask you:

Your pain management spa, are you pertaining to a rehab center? All major hospitals offer this. There is also places outside of hospitals like the one at the Mandaue flyover, Sugbu Rehab and Wellness Clinic owned by Dr. Laurence Lim.

Or are you asking for accupuncture? There is one at Happy Valley area, by a Dr. Lim.

Or are you asking for a chiropractor? There is one at basement 1 Ayala Center.

9. Re: Anticoagulation Blood Tests & Local Food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 December 2013, 13:35
Edited: 11 December 2013, 13:35