We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family-oriented hotels on/near beach in Cebu and Bohol

shanghai
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Family-oriented hotels on/near beach in Cebu and Bohol

My family (10yr old and 6yr old with my wife) and I will travel to Cebu on Jan 26 and return to Shanghai on Feb. 8. We'd like to stay in Cebu for about a week and then Bohol (take the ferry) for about a week. What hotel recommendations do you have (we prefer close to the beach and more like upscale guesthouse or boutique hotel vs. large hotel), particularly realizing many places may be booked or raise the price during the Chinese New Year period. We are also considering flying to Palawan instead of Cebu...good choice or not? It seems that there is more variety between Cebu/Bohol than Palawan, but not sure since never been to any of these places before. Suggestions from the experts who know these areas best???

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,318 posts
1,907 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family-oriented hotels on/near beach in Cebu and Bohol

Golden Palm Alona fits the bill perfectly in Bohol.

Small family run Accomodation a few steps down to the beach. Friendly owners Barry and Tata. My family really enjoyed the stay their.

tripadvisor.com.au/Hotel_Review-g1036817-d15…

Tommo

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,104 posts
2,068 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family-oriented hotels on/near beach in Cebu and Bohol

Coron (fly to Busuanga) was somewhat damaged in Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) but is now apparently again wanting tourists. I am going there in a month but have not been there post the typhoon to observe. Allegedly the extent of damage to accommodation varied widely from little to significant.

It has excellent snorkelling and offshore white sand islands: hire a banca (small boat) with crew for about P2000 a day - great value. Others describe Coron town as boring or not as good as El Nido but I found it fine, though fairly quiet.

There are quite a few offshore accommodation options such as on Sangat Island. Look up 'Palawan' on TA and concentrate on Busuanga or Coron listings, not Puerto Princesa or El Nido which are a significant distance away.

Edited: 22 December 2013, 11:28
shanghai
Level Contributor
7 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Family-oriented hotels on/near beach in Cebu and Bohol

Thanks Tommo! I had heard of Golden Palm Alona and tried to book Feb 1-8 online but it said it was not available (planning to stay somewhere in Cebu Jan 26-31 and then travel Feb 1 to Bohol. Do you know Barry and Tata's email address? I must admit the photos dont look so great, but I trust your judgement and glad to hear your family enjoyed it. If you know of any other places in Bohol (in case I can't book this place) or Cebu, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
24,318 posts
1,907 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Family-oriented hotels on/near beach in Cebu and Bohol

All contact information here:

http://alonagoldenpalm.com

Tommo

Level Contributor
44 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Family-oriented hotels on/near beach in Cebu and Bohol

Try cocomango they have package to choose from or room only. Van transfer to alona beach is available upon request no fix timing to come back. Only need to call them when you want to get back to hotel. If you take their package you would have the say on what place to go n how long to stay no fix timing n seriously feel very relax in this way n if you cant finish the tour you can resume later. We even bought some seafood nthey prepare the bbq!

6. Re: Family-oriented hotels on/near beach in Cebu and Bohol

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2014, 05:17