We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

getting a jeepney to the beach

Which Cebu City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Topic
getting a jeepney to the beach

Would it be safe getting a jeepney to the beach if i were staying in a hotel in Cebu City?Also which is the nearest beach to Cebu city and how long would it take in a jeepney?

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,456 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: getting a jeepney to the beach

Cebu City has no beach as the whole of the Cebu City coastline is taken up with shipping and industry.

There are beaches on Mactan island but all the best beaches have resorts on them. So, you could pay to use the facilities of a beach resort for the day. To get to the beach resorts will require multiple jeepnies and a knowledge of where all the jeepnies go. As far as I know, there is no route map you can use to work out where a jeepney travels to in Metro Cebu. The simplest way will be to get in a taxi. Punta Engano on Mactan island has a half a dozen beach resorts. My last taxi trip to a beach resort on Punta Engano, specifically the BE resort, from Downtown Cebu City, was something like P210.

You can get in a jeepney going north or south of Cebu City. The beaches going north are yellow sand, yellow sand with rocks or rocky plateau until you get to Daanbantayan. Then you get huge stretches of white sand beach. However, if I was to go to Daanbantayan, I would not go by jeepney, I would go by V-hire from the Cebu North Bus terminal. My last trip in a v-hire from the Cebu North Bu Terminal to Daanbantayan in September was something like P170 per person. That trip took 2.5 hours.

Some one posted a link for top 10 beaches in Cebu recently. 1 or 2 were at Moalboal. You could get a jeepney or 2 to take you there although most people would travel by bus from the Cebu South Bus terminal. It is about 2.5 hours in a bus.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,145 posts
1,505 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: getting a jeepney to the beach

This is the link Big Jim is referring to.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowTopic-g294261-i4630-k…

Tommo

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
3,958 posts
540 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: getting a jeepney to the beach

mactan Island is the closest place with a beach coming from Cebu City, travel is either using a private car, taxi, or tricycles, which are those motorcycles with the covered side cars. Jeepneys are not widely available in Mactan island. Traffic on the other side of Mactan island where the beach resorts are located, is presently terrible because of ongoing road concreting which is taking forever to finish. They have been at it since last year, and they are not yet finished.

If you are asking about beaches in the main island of Cebu, as what Big Jim said, it is better to travel to these places by bus, or again, by private car or car rental or taxi, as these are located far from the city proper. Jeepneys are more common in metro cebu, which is composed of several cities.

uk
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: getting a jeepney to the beach

thankyou

5. Re: getting a jeepney to the beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 May 2015, 06:16