We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety at Mactan Airport

Which Cebu City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
J L
Lafayette, Indiana
4 posts
Save Topic
Safety at Mactan Airport

Our flight will arrive at 11:50 pm in Cebu and we are planning to stay at the airport for the night because we will go to the pier early in the morning to catch the 1st trip for Tagbilaran City. Is it safe to stay at the airport or do we need to stay in the hotel. My concern is I don't want to travel at night and it's almost midnight in Cebu. I feel like it's safer to stay at the airport than looking for a hotel in the middle of the night. Am I correct?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
22,922 posts
1,626 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Safety at Mactan Airport

Dannys detail are here along with other driver recommendations which may be useful for your travels:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g294245-c188959/Phili…

His rates are reasonable and last time he charged me 300 Php from airport to the city.

Tommo

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,000 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Safety at Mactan Airport

Do they have a website? Any contact number? Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the website for Danny Noy

cebutaxiservice.com/reliable_cebu_taxi_drive…

However, i doubt he will be working at midnight.

My suggestion is to just catch a yellow airport taxi.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
27 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Safety at Mactan Airport

Yeah don't worry much about it. I'm here in Cebu now and the taxi drivers have been great. 11.30 is really not late yet here in Cebu.

Pomeroy, Washington
Level Contributor
407 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Safety at Mactan Airport

I've been all over Cebu, day and night, and take cabs almost everywhere. Some drivers were friendly, some a little surly, but I've never had a bit of trouble. Sometimes during the day, they may take an odd route to avoid a traffic jam. That can be a little nerve wracking, but it seems to work out.

I've always had friends meet me at the airport, but I would not hesitate a second if they couldn't make it. Catch a cab.

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,182 posts
561 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Safety at Mactan Airport

taxis enterng/leaving airports are monitored. each passenger is given a piece of paper with the taxi details and a number to call for your complaints. i strongly suggest the victimized passenger to call the number. each report will be given to mactan security to investigate. if the taxi is.found guilty, that taxi wil be banned from the airport. that number is also useful if in case a passenger left behind a property, like mobile phones, laptops, bags. cebu's airport security is much better than in manila. that is why cebu's white taxis are accomodated in cebu airport, while there are warning signs against white taxis in manila airports.

16. Re: Safety at Mactan Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 June 2015, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about Cebu City