We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golf vacation to Cebu

Portland , Oregon
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Golf vacation to Cebu

I am from Portland , Oregon USA and am wanting to take a vacation to Cebu to primarily play golf and relax and meet some new people....would be traveling alone and be there for about a month.....I want to bring my golf clubs, but would it be too much of a bother or too difficult to be lugging them around.....? also, would like to find the least expensive place to stay that is decent (don't need anything but a place to sleep and a decent shower / bathroom )...near Alta Vista Golf and Country Club and / or Cebu Country club.....I am single and would love to possibly meet a girl over there, but not mandatory or anything......no prostitutes though....also going there to check out the possibility of maybe even living there at some point.....I am 45 years old and healthy and a semi-professional golfer.....not a seasoned traveler going abroad.......thank you for any advice or info....Michael

Portland , Oregon
Level Contributor
11 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Golf vacation to Cebu

Yes Big Jim....I understand that I am taking my chances with the weather etc.......however I thought that Nov-Dec-Jan were supposed to be the so-called best months to be in Cebu......am I wrong...? Anyway the advice is much appreciated...I want to educate myself as much as possible about Cebu--the conditions, the people, the do's and don'ts .....I will probably just spend most of my time hanging out at the golf courses that I would like to play....thanks for the advice and info......Mikey

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,179 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Golf vacation to Cebu

Well you certainly didn't hear it from me that November December January are the best months for weather in Cebu because that is not my personal experience.

March April May are the absolute best months, weather wise.

Here are some things to consider for November, December, January.

The typhoon/ hurricane/ cyclone with the strongest winds ever recorded was typhoon Yolanda in November last year.

This site lists the 12 worst typhoons 1947 to 2009. Seven of them were in November or December.

typhoon2000.ph/stormstats/12WorstPhilippineT…

I haven't personally noticed any difference but every December, around Christmas, the ex in laws on Leyte tell me it is typhoon season again. If you walk up to the top of the small hill near their house, you can see the island of Cebu off in the distance.

Malapascua Island is off the northern tip of the island of Cebu. I have been there multiple times. One of those times was just after Christmas 2004. Some Germans were complaining about how bad the weather was to the owner of the resort where I was staying. After they left, he said "what do they expect........it's winter"

However, regardless of all that. The most likely weather you will encounter is rain for a short time each day and fine for the rest of the day to enjoy your out door activities.

fairfield...
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Golf vacation to Cebu

Mickey,

....I'll message you when I get there this October. I'll be heading to CDO for the PAL's Captains meeting in mid October. Then, to Dumaguete. I'll be visiting a close friends in Dalaguete,Bogo at that time also. We'll set up an international betting.

....October, November is usually nice weather in the Visayas. Occasionally 1-2 hours downpour, then sunshine and hot after.

....winner will treat the post game amenities!! .. :-)

Papalo

fairfield...
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Golf vacation to Cebu

Mikey,

....Greetings! A follow up on Cebu golf.

....I found out the two golf courses near by Bogo, Cebu.

....1. Mercedes Plantation Golf and Country Club, Medellin, Cebu - from Bogo, it's located right after the Dayhagon bridge.

....2. Queen Island Golf And Country Club, Lamintak Norte, Medellin, Cebu. It's located left side nearby Mercedes GCC.

....I'll be leaving San Francisco this Tuesday, October 2nd heading for Manila then Dumaguete/Siquijor for the first week. Second week, I'll be heading to Dalaguete, Bogo to visit some friends. Hopefully you are in Cebu now. Please message me so we can schedule a few golf outings. And hopefully the weather will cooperate.

....regards and wish you all is well.

Papalo

15. Re: Golf vacation to Cebu

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2015, 05:15