We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

visa extension in cebu city

Which Cebu City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
13 posts
Save Topic
visa extension in cebu city

Hi guys,

my initial (free) visa for the Philippines runs out tomorrow. can anyone tell me where the nearest place to renew it is? we are located 5 minutes from ayala mall and went there (4th floor) but they said they couldn't process it as it is too close to expiring and it is a holiday tomorrow.

Someone mentioned another mall but not sure if we would have the same issue or where it is. I also only have very casual clothes.

And does anyone know the overstay fee?

thanks

23 replies to this topic
Puerto Galera...
Level Contributor
3,244 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: visa extension in cebu city

do a google search for bureau of immigration then search for the BOI office in Cebu as my understanding it is in Mandaue City Cebu then go to the mall and get some long trousers and a shirt or the one you have in reserve for when you go through immigration in the UK and turn up as soon as they open.

Pomeroy, Washington
Level Contributor
386 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: visa extension in cebu city

I noticed a Philippine immigration office on the main floor of the Guisano Island mall on Mactan last December. It was located towards the north end not too far from the Jollibee. I'm not sure if they process visa extensions, but I would like to know if they do.

There was a dress code similar to the code in Mandaue and I wasn't dressed well enough to go in and ask about a visa extension. Didn't need one anyway.

You could go shopping there in Guisano if you have to. The Mandaue office can be busy, so allow some extra time. There were no tourists at the Mactan office when I was there.

Edited: 05 August 2014, 21:31
Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,649 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: visa extension in cebu city

You are supposed to extend before it runs out, not after. You have had 30 days already where you could have extended any time. So don't expect any sympathy and expect to pay a fine of P500 plus an additional fee of P510 motion for consideration. That is on top of the extension cost of P3030. Plus maybe a sticker fee of P110.

The Bureau of Immigration for Cebu is usually located at P. Burgos Street in Mandaue City, just opposite the Mandaue City hospital. But it is under renovation at the moment.

The temporary location of the Bureau of Immigration for Cebu is

2nd Level J Centre Mall, A.S. Fortuna St., Bakilid, Mandaue City, Cebu.

You can find it on a map here

http://wikimapia.org/18017922/J-Centre-Mall

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: visa extension in cebu city

Thank you very much for your useful information. I also have to extend my visa and I am also a bit late unfortunately (actually the first time since 1995 as I am coming here every year since then) and I hope they do not beat me up for just a few days overstay..... Sure, you should not expect a kiss from them and to pay the fees wordless / But hey,,,,its alright without any sympathy from them :-)

Latrobe, Australia
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: visa extension in cebu city

Visa Extension - Cebu

Yes, it is possible to get a visa extension in Cebu.

I did it today Tues Nov 25th 2014. Standard cost of 3140 pesos. Extension for a further 30 days.

Go to J Centre Mall in Mandaue. Taxi drivers will know where it is.

The Immigration Office is on the second floor on the right hand side of the Mall building. There is good signage.

The process took an hour and a half. There seemed to be many agents there getting bulk visas done which slowed the process for others.

Suggest you dress reasonably: Long pants, shoes and shirt.

You will need a 2 inch by 2 inch photograph with a white background. An application form needs to be completed which takes about 5 minutes and needs to be completed reasonably well.

The whole process is typically Filipino: Quite slow and inefficient but it does get done.

This place is likely to be available for at least the next 5 years as they are contracted to the building.

There is another location: Gaisano Mall on Mactan Island which might not be quite so busy.

It seems that more & more of these such offices will be opened in numerous locations throughout Philippines.

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: visa extension in cebu city

Hi all, thank you very much for your information with regards to the Visa Extension. So, I went to J Centre Mall in Mandaue and all worked absolutely fine even though it was crowded there. For good luck it didnt take too long. But it didnt help. As of my only 2 days over stay they wanted to get my additional cash :-) - But thats fine, I was so very happy being able to get this done. Thanks again - Greetings from Ireland !

2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: visa extension in cebu city

Hi all, thank you so much for your information. It very helpfull. Me and my boyfriend also have to do the visa extension before the end of this month. Hopefully there is no problem when we are doing that. Anyway greetings from Ireland too! Im not Irish actually, but my boyfriend is. I wonder is there any Irish people in Cebu, we've been here almost a month :).

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,649 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: visa extension in cebu city

I only know one Irish person. His name is Tim. And if you go Ten Pin Bowling at the Gaisano Country Mall Bowling Center on Wednesday afternoons, he will usually be there.

Everyone is welcome. Get there by 12.30pm to register, arrange shoes etc. Start bowling at 1pm

Last time I bowled, there were at least 40 bowlers. About half foreigners, the other half were their Filipina wives and girlfriends.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: visa extension in cebu city

Are you guys still in Cebu?

Australia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
8,649 posts