We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best flight route from Phuket to Cebu

UK
Level Contributor
293 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Best flight route from Phuket to Cebu

I wonder what is the best/cheapest flight route from Phuket to Cebu, No direct flight I guess and the best I found was with Air Asia via Kuala Lumpur - even that you can't book in one trip but have to do it separately. I don't know why that it is, I wonder if they honour the second leg if there was a delay with the first, is that why they are not doing it as one ticket !?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,923 posts
1,999 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best flight route from Phuket to Cebu

I found an alternative - Malaysia Airlines from Phuket to KL, change for Manila, two hours in Manila (requiring a change of terminals from T1 to T2 so that is very tight) then Philippine Airlines to Cebu: A$530.

Probably not as cheap as AirAsia but has the advantage of an included luggage allowance and 'free' food and drinks on board. Philippine Airlines would put you on a later flight to Cebu if you missed the connection.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,362 posts
1,659 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best flight route from Phuket to Cebu

<<I wonder if they honour the second leg if there was a delay with the first, is that why they are not doing it as one ticket !?>>

No they wont as a point to point carrier. Booked on the same ticket you would be covered.

Tommo

philippines
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Philippines, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
4,277 posts
574 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best flight route from Phuket to Cebu

air asia is an lcc. therefore, point to point. another lcc option is cebu pacific. phuket- manila red eye flight, arrives manila anywhere between 4-545am depending on the day of the flight. then book another cebu pacific flight manila to cebu. there are a lot of flights since you arrive in the morning. your arrival and departure will be in the same terminal.

if you are concerned with missing your connecting flight, then you need to choose a legacy or full service airline. asid from what was already mentioned, there is phuket-singapore on singapore airlines and connecting on singapore-cebu on sia's sister airline, silk air.

another option is to fly from phuket to bangkok, choose either bangkok air or thai airways so that you will land at suvarnabuhmi airport. air asia uses don muang airport. from bangkok, take philippine airlines bkk-mla-cebu. ticketed together or separately, you can still check through. the difference is that if ticketed separately, bag allowance follows the lower allowance. using pal allows you also to connect via manila wihout transferring terminals.

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best flight route from Phuket to Cebu

Use Mousehunt Airline. Their slogan is "It is either late or never!".

I suggest you take a flight to Manila and hopefully the connection airline uses the same terminal so the transfer is minimum.

There are many flights from Manila to Cebu. Cebu Pacific alone has more than 8 flights per day.

If you are worried about delays, choose your next flight 4 hours after your scheduled arrival. CP will try to accommodate you if the Phuket flight is late. Do note that this is out of goodwill and CP are not obligated to help you.

When typhoon Caloy messed up my flights when I am in Siargao, the rebook my entirely journey from Siargao-Manila-Clark-Singapore to Siargao-Cebu -Singapore without any penalty.

Reminder that they are not obligated.

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
23,362 posts
1,659 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best flight route from Phuket to Cebu

You can always spend the first night in Manila then head off the next day to Cebu on a multitude of airlines.

If price is important then by checking all the above options you should be able to well and truly beat the price mentioned by Victorianlad.

Tommo

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,300 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best flight route from Phuket to Cebu

You may book a connecting flight Phuket-Manila-Cebu with Cebu Pacific Air.

Eastbourne, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best flight route from Phuket to Cebu

We will be using air Asia from Kuala lumpa direct to cebu. Avoiding manila all together!

Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,730 posts
339 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best flight route from Phuket to Cebu

Your KUL-CEB flight is operated by AirAsia.

So your chance of a n-time flight is higher.

Good luck!

UK
Level Contributor
293 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best flight route from Phuket to Cebu

Thanks for all the suggestions, I would rather avoid two-stops flights, so will look into the one-stop options.

I am just amazed that Air Asia would not take care of people if their own Air Asia flights are delayed and then the passengers miss the next connecting Air Asia flight - both same airline... !?!?

The Air Asia flight via KUL works out fairly cheap even with luggage additions, though I know they are notorious for delays, so I need to allow a lot of time between the flights - but from what I read even 4 hours might not be enough !

Wirral, United...
Level Contributor
2,524 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best flight route from Phuket to Cebu

>I am just amazed that Air Asia would not take care of people if their own Air Asia flights are delayed and then the passengers miss the next connecting Air Asia flight - both same airline... !?!?

Well that's where you are assuming that the different Air Asia franchises are the same company - they aren't. There is Air Asia Berhad (i.e. Malaysia), Air Asia Thailand and Air Asia Philippines/Zest Air and they are completely different companies to each other.

Also, even if you fly on the same franchise on two separate flights, budget airlines are a point to point carrier and have no responsibility for the following flight! The only way they take responsibility (usually) is if you book two flights on the one ticket, but this isn't available for all routes.

Edited: 01 September 2014, 15:28