We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to Bohol~ Worth it?

Which Cebu City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Drexel Hill
Level Contributor
221 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip to Bohol~ Worth it?

Coming from Philadelphia with my wife and 2 boys and staying in Shangrila Cebu for 3 nights...only one day available for Bohol and back...is it worth the trip? and do I need to prebook? Our free day is Dec 22nd...must I prebook or can I book this when I get there?

Thanks in advance...petpringles!

Cagayan de Oro...
Level Contributor
149 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day trip to Bohol~ Worth it?

By December 21 to 24, transport terminals in the Philippines will be jammed with local travelers. Most Filipinos are going back to their respective provinces for the Christmas holiday. I suggest you prebook way ahead. Be early in the terminal. Security checks will be tight during this time. One day in Bohol is too short. There are lots of things to do and see in Bohol. Since you have limited time I suggest you first go to Chocolate Hills as it is Bohols major landmark. Hope this helps.

http://www.freewebs.com/cdoguide

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
128 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day trip to Bohol~ Worth it?

Hi there,

We did exactly the same back in July....Stayed at the Shangrila Mactan and went to Bohol for a day. Was it worth it? Absolutely!!...Bohol is amazingly beautiful. Lots of natural and cultural attractions to see and enjoy. We actually bought a day tour package at the hotel, a bit pricey but less worries.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,999 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day trip to Bohol~ Worth it?

Hello petpringles

If you only have one day, yes it is worth it. However, I think a longer stay is warranted.

Plenty of people offering tours at the pier when you arrive.

I will be visiting Bohoal again in less than two weeks and will give you the current tour prices after my tour.

I presume you have the fast ferry details from previous messages, if not, just ask.

Regards; Jim Sibbick

sibbick61@yahoo.com.au

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
732 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day trip to Bohol~ Worth it?

If you can really spare one whole day, go for it. Been to Bohol twice and actually did the same things again as they are really great sites to see!

I know that there are arranged tours to Bohol from Cebu which, although they may be expensive, given that you'll be travelling during the heavy Christmas season, it would be best to get the prearranged tours. You'll be able to do the Bohol countryside tours which includes tours to an old church, visit to the Tarsiers (those small cute creatures), the Chocolate Hills, and lunch in Loboc river. I don't think you'll be able to check out the beaches of Panglao and go swimming though. But given that you only have one day, the usual one day Bohol itinerary would be enough, and a must, if you have the time and budget.

5. Re: Day trip to Bohol~ Worth it?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 November 2006, 12:08
Drexel Hill
Level Contributor
221 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Day trip to Bohol~ Worth it?

Thanks a lot everyone...I guess it's a go since everyone's raving about it....I love this website!

I made reservations and it's coming out to PhP 3600per person for the whole day complete which I think is a bargain. Lunch, transfers and tours for the whole day. Looking forward to it!

Thanks again!

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
121 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day trip to Bohol~ Worth it?

How much is everyone spending on hotels/resorts in Cebu, because I stayed two nights at Bella Vista/Hotel Cesario and it was under 1500 PHP - 30 USD, and they offered a free Buffet with that - and additional buffets at 250 PHP / 5 USD each. It was a really nice hotel with a reasonable location to SM, Ayala, and Lapu-Lapu.

c.c.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
8,999 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day trip to Bohol~ Worth it?

I made reservations and it's coming out to PhP 3600per person for the whole day complete which I think is a bargain. Lunch, transfers and tours for the whole day. Looking forward to it!

-------------------------------------

Oh well, I said i would post the tour prices so here they are, even if it is too late.

I travelled Supercat to Tagbilaran from Cebu City. They have just started operating again between Cebu City and Tagbilaran and there current promo price is P400 going to Tagbiliran and P100 coming back.

When I got off the Supercat in Tagbilaran, there was the usual crowd holding up signs offering tours. I asked the first person I saw, he said a tour in a van was P2,500 for the day in a van.

Because I was staying at Bohol Tropics, the Bohol Tropics offer a free transfer from the pier to the resort. As we were driving along, the driver said he could arrange a tour in a van for P2,500.

At the resort, one of the security personell, chatted with me and said he could arrange a tour in a car for P2,500 and a tour in a van for P3,000

I rang Boyet, my contact from last year. He said the price was now P3,000. I said I had been offered P2,500. He rang back half an hour later and said he could offer a tour in a van for P2,500.

I chose Boyet because he spoke excellent english and his tour last year had been excellent too. I didn't tell Boyet in advance that there was actually 18 of us needing to tour. After we agreed the price, I told him we needed 3 vans. So we had 3 vans for P2,500 each.

All the prices quoted above are not per person, they are for a van with however many people the van will hold. We chose to put 6 in each van so that we could tour in comfort. So, the actual cost per person was only P470, including paying for lunch and snacks for the driver. Lunch was at an all you can eat place by the Loboc river for P250 per head

Just to check, I asked the tour operater at the Bohol tropics how much they charge. They said 6 people in a van was P1.050 per person. Or P6,300 for the van.

So, the do it yourself cost at the moment for 2 people is:

Taxi to Pier 4 from Shagrila, about - P150

Supercat to Tagbilaran (2 x P400) = P800

Van for tour = P2,500

Entrance fees, about = P100

Lunch (3 x P250) = P750

Snacks about = P200

Supercat to Cebu (2 x P100) = P200

Taxi from pier to shangrila, about = P300 (It is very hard to get a metered taxi at pier 4)

Total for 2 = P5,000 or P2,500 per person.

Of course, the more people there are sharing the cost of the tour, the cheaper it will be.

I hope this information is useful to someone.

Regards: Jim Sibbick

sibbick61@yahoo.com.au

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day trip to Bohol~ Worth it?

I went in Bohol 2 summer ago, i am pretty sure that 1 day is not enough exploring Bohol, there are plenty of places to see. Aside from Chocolate hills (going there you can pass man-made reinforest), you can go to tarsier sanctuary, Baclayon Church. Panglao beach is also good, and you can also try eating in the floating restaurant ;)

Makati, Philippines
Level Contributor
247 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day trip to Bohol~ Worth it?

Hi Jim!

Planning to do the day thing as well, am not sure if I will do the do it yourself, or go with the arranged tour. My question is, what do they normally include in the itinerary?

Thanks!