We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel in Tacloban

san francisco
1 post
Save Topic
Hotel in Tacloban

We are planning a trip to Tacloban in May of this year. We can't decide where to stay. There are mixed reviews of the Leyte Park Hotel and the MacArthur Park Hotel.

Can someone tell me which hotel is better in terms of value and comfort?

Thanks.

Eastern Shore of...
Level Contributor
781 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel in Tacloban

Your choices are the best in Tacloban. They are really tired facilities, but the prices are right. Leyte Park offers some really excellent views on the water and it is not a terrible place. As long as you don't expect five star comfort and luxury, you will be fine.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
219 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel in Tacloban

McArthur Park Hotel is near the McArthur Memorial Landing Site which is in the town of Palo, Leyte.

Palo is about 15 minutes from Tacloban downtown. It is quiet and to me is better than Leyte Park Hotel.

Australia
Destination Expert
for Cebu City, Cebu Island
Level Contributor
9,820 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel in Tacloban

Tacloban for me is not a place for staying in a resort.

When I have stayed there in the past, it was just in a pensione house while I took care of business.

If I want to stay in a resort

- near Tacloban, I would go to Biliran

- away from Tacloban, I would go to Bohol.

Regards: Jim

Manila, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Manila
Level Contributor
1,221 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel in Tacloban

There are no great hotels in Tacloban. Leyte Park Hotel and Mac Arthur Park Hotel are the better hotels in the province. But I'm sure they've seen better days during the time of Imelda.

Are you really looking for a resort or just a hotel in the city proper? Both hotels are quite far from the city proper.

Long Beach, New York
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel in Tacloban

we are also planning to visit tacloban in mid-may and we have not booked any hotel as of yet. is it advisable to book ahead, or just go there and look for a place once you are there? i find booking over the internet cumbersome, either their system is down, or they are having technical difficulties. anyway, are the 2 hotels mentioned really that far from downtown tacloban?

thanks, and God Bless!

Eastern Shore of...
Level Contributor
781 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel in Tacloban

Leyte Park Resort is kinda in the town while MacArthur Resort is definitely outside of town. Unless there is a big convention or something, I am pretty sure you can get rooms at one of these places by just showing up. There are other placves in town if you are in a pinch.

Regardless, if you don't want any surprises, it is good to book in advance.

7. Re: Hotel in Tacloban

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2009, 14:22
Get answers to your questions about Leyte Island