We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tacloban City Hotels Available?

Boerne, Texas
5 posts
Save Topic
Tacloban City Hotels Available?

I booked Z-Pad hotel in Tacloban for 10 nites thru Agoda. Oct 29 to Nov 8th. So far so good. We were supposed to check out Nov 8th. Alas!! Typhoon Yolanda checked in first at 6:30am on Nov 8th. My husband and I almost drowned in our first level room. The water was 7 ft high, the room was 8 ft high. I am 5 ft and my husband is 5.6. From Z-Pad hotel we were supposed to check-in at Leyte Park resort, also reserved thru Agoda. We walked towards Leyte Park Resort, only to find out that it is all booked and occupied. Leyte Park Resort was not able to deliver the rooms on Nov 8th, 9th and 10th, and check out Nov 11th. Even if they did, there is no electricity, no running water, no flush toilets, wet floors and wet beds. It virtually became a FEMA camp. We walked back and found Hotel Alejandro. Same situation, another FEMA camp. They told us it is the same on all hotels in Tacloban. I wrote Agoda to refund the monies paid. They did, under this special situation. Refund for undelivered goods and services. We are thankful for Agoda. I have been using them for all our travels. Asia Travel is OK also but they charged my card a foreign transaction fee. Be careful.

1 reply
Singapore, Singapore
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
11,732 posts
346 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tacloban City Hotels Available?

Thank you for your information but I am more thankful that both of you manage to get out of this ordeal alive.

Reply to: Tacloban City Hotels Available?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Leyte Island