We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day Trip from Dauin?

Ca.
Level Contributor
293 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Day Trip from Dauin?

I will be staying at the Atmosphere Resort in Dauin with a Dive Tour, sadly I'm not a diver! like to do 1 or 2 day trips. It's my understanding that Dumaguete City is the closest place for a day trip, any other suggestions?

My trip is in June.

Thank you in advance!!!

11 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Philippines
Level Contributor
10,923 posts
1,999 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Day Trip from Dauin?

There is a waterfall nearby.

The best day trip is to Apo island: stunning.

Go snorkelling: two guides will try to accompany you: pay each P300. See clownfish in 'Clownfish City.' It's great.

Then go back through the village and walk up hundreds of steps and eventually come to the lighhouse.

Back down, eat at Apo Island Resort's small restaurant with its stunning whiite sand outlook.

Say hello to the young Catholic priest and give him a P500 or P1000 dination if you are so minded.

It is a wonderful day trip: cost of sole uise bangka is about P1700 return, but typically some Filipinos will come along for free.

Waves can be choppy if returning late afternoon.

There is also the local Wednesday public market near Dauin (Malapatay or similar.) It is allegedly very good.

Edited: 22 January 2011, 22:14
Butte
Level Contributor
258 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day Trip from Dauin?

There are things to do in Dumaguete, good restaurants, Robinsons Mall, just out of town on the road to Duain. I would personally, go to Casarora falls, just outside valencia,over 300 steps down to the falls, nice trip when it is hot. Twin lakes national park is also a good day trip, it is 20km north of dumaguete, turn left before san jose. Pulang Bato falls west of valencia. Also Forest Camp has a few pools, some nipa huts, and a restaurant on a nice stretch of river, they can also organise day trips, hiking etc. Also as Victorianlad mentioned, Apo island is a treat. Negros is very underlooked in my mind, a great island to explore

Victoria, Canada
Level Contributor
416 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Day Trip from Dauin?

If you can squeeze it into your schedule, be sure to head down to Negros Occidental. Bacolod is a great city with lots of shopping and restaurants. There are many great sites including the Ruins, Lacson St, the Plaza, and the Lagoon. It`s also one of the most popular volunteer spots with many opportunities available to work with the locals.

New Westminster...
Level Contributor
16 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day Trip from Dauin?

Re: the twin lakes day trip I see there are guided tours for it. Is it necessary? I rather not. It's quite expensive

Thanks !

London, United...
Level Contributor
50 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day Trip from Dauin?

Can't believe that someone else has asked the identical question to the one I was going to ask - fantastic! I am going to Atmosphere too, in April, with a very keen scuba diving husband, so the above tips will be very useful. Just wondering how you would go about contacting local sight seeing tour operators directly, rather than booking everything through the hotel itself. Does anyone have any advice about that? Currently my husband only has 3 days diving booked out of our 8 nights there, but I rather suspect that he will do more and I can only spend so much time in the spa! All advice gratefully received.

fairfield...
Level Contributor
891 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Day Trip from Dauin?

....forget Casarora Falls. Access to it is closed. (damaged from Washi/ Sendong. Reopening is uncertain.

....you'll love Dumaguete.

Papalo

Nice, France
Level Contributor
7 posts
132 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day Trip from Dauin?

Why don't you learn to dive? It's easy there, waters warm and fish plentiful.. it's not that hard to do.. and everyone bar one person I know who has tried it has loved it..

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Day Trip from Dauin?

well its a bit late now? their trip was june 2011

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Day Trip from Dauin?

VL, that's a giggle, give P1000 to the Catholic priest?? Soz but I generally save my donations for those who truly need them! Members of the richest institution in the world will have to wait!

boracay
Level Contributor
9,316 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Day Trip from Dauin?

From Dauin, an easy day trip is Apo Island. Even if you don't dive or even swim, try snorkeling with a lifejacket. The reef there is amazing.

Reply to: Day Trip from Dauin?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Negros Island