We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

van rental with driver/guide for private tour

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
732 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
van rental with driver/guide for private tour

Been to Bacolod bout four times already but the last time was about 5 years ago. Arranging a very quick trip with 7 friends come September and i've lost all my driver contacts for Bacolod. Can't figure out how to plan my itinerary also...

We will be staying for two full days and we would like to make the most of the sites (heritage houses in Silay and ruins of Talisay among others, food (a visit to a piaya factory), and not sure what else we can fit in. We will be arriving 6am on a Monday and we have to be back at the airport 4pm of Tuesday. So that basically gives us a full day to see the sites and the second day to do some shopping, eating and a few hours of relaxation. The reason why I can't start on our itinerary is because I haven't been to Bacolod ever since the Silay airport started operation. So was thinking of if getting in contact with tour operators there. More interested with smaller tour organizers specializing in inbound tours based in Bacolod.

Unless anyone else would have a suggested itinerary and could recommend a van rental service instead?

Haven't decided on a hotel yet also. I've stayed several times at L Fisher, but also looking into Sylvia Manor or Palmas.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: van rental with driver/guide for private tour

We just availed of the wholeday van service upon arrival at Silay Airport. We paid PHP3,500 for a 10 hours. The drivers have a ready itinerary for tourists so you just choose whatever you want.

I would recommend L'Fisher and its sister hotel L'Fisher Chalet.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: van rental with driver/guide for private tour

i got these contacts from a friend in bacolod http://nyalatoursbacolod.com/contact_us.php with the hotel, Palmas del Mar is good if they want more relaxing place to stay. it has swimming pool and beach. L'fisher is ok, most expensive hotel in bacolod i think, but the Chalet, which Lfisher owns as well is a bit cheaper.. and located next to L'fisher hotel.

it has good restaurant at the roofdeck at night with swimming pool

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
732 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: van rental with driver/guide for private tour

Thanks for the replies everyone!

kegler747, do you still have the contact number of your van service? Its just that we only have two days and I would like to iron everything out before we reach our destination and not waste time haggling there, given our very limited vacation...

Luzon, Philippines
Destination Expert
for Philippines, Bandar Seri Begawan
Level Contributor
17,792 posts
251 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: van rental with driver/guide for private tour

Hi there, sorry I don't know his contact number. That's the asking price of all whom we asked so we just settled with the last one we asked.

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: van rental with driver/guide for private tour

impulse traveller-sent u pm

Paranaque...
Level Contributor
1 post
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: van rental with driver/guide for private tour

Hi! May I also get contacts for tours and van for hire in Bacolod? It would be great if the private tour can accommodate a trip to Lakawon. Thanks!

clare,ireland
Level Contributor
5,334 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: van rental with driver/guide for private tour

see the link in post no 2

8. Re: van rental with driver/guide for private tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 September 2011, 10:05
9. Re: van rental with driver/guide for private tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 11:19